Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an 05 mustang gt what is a good first performance part i should get for a diesent price?

CAI and a tuner are best bang for the buck with the S197 cars. The factory exhaust is actually quite decent from a performance standpoint and doesn't start to become a bottleneck until you are near 450-500 HP. Typically aftermarket mufflers offer very little gains in these cars and are mostly used to change the way the car sounds more than anything else.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just got an 05 mustang gt what is a good first performance part i should get for a diesent price?

Depends on your definition of "decent". Start with some bolt-ons first.

-Cold air intake (roughly 8hp gain or so and looks good)
-BBK shorty headers and Flowmaster mufflers (roughly 20-25hp gain and great sound!)
-Lower rear end gears, ex. 373's (no hp gain but significantly quicker acceleration for a decent price)
-Short throw shifter (quicker shifts = faster acceleration)

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
46 Posts

a jlp cold air kit with a tune is worth 20 rwhp and then a set of bbk equal length shorty headers and a good cat back system should yeild another 25-35 rwhp.

·
Registered
45 Posts

a good cold air intake would be a good start. Or possibly some exhaust work but cold air is nicer

·
Registered
37 Posts

Cars gotta breathe... Intake.

·
Registered
39 Posts

plugs ans wires

1 - 6 of 6 Posts