Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, just putting it out there that i just got my first mustang! Its a 2010 v8 4.6 and her name is penny lane. Been driving it for a month now and it is just amazing. I was just looking for some advice, it has stock wheels and rims and im looking for some new ones. Which ones would offer the best performance? Thanks for any tips!

·
Registered
617 Posts
This thread is no good without pictures!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Congratulations! Can't wait to see what she looks like. You're going to have so much fun with her, they're truly amazing cars. I'm glad to see there's someone else out there who still has a 2010!

·
Premium Member
25,510 Posts
congrats, lowering with wheels/tires and a window tint job = 100% change in looks for the better. As far as WHICH Wheels thats 100% opinion, they really wont help performance (probably hurt if if you go with taller rims which you should (19s or 20s only no 18s or below as those dont look good on the newer bigger 05+ mustangs)

then for performance intake/exhaust/underdrive pulley, aluminum driveshaft/shifter (manual only)/tune all that should get you close to 300rwhp-320rwhp if manual trans

·
Registered
102 Posts
congrats, lowering with wheels/tires and a window tint job = 100% change in looks for the better. As far as WHICH Wheels thats 100% opinion, they really wont help performance (probably hurt if if you go with taller rims which you should (19s or 20s only no 18s or below as those dont look good on the newer bigger 05+ mustangs)

then for performance intake/exhaust/underdrive pulley, aluminum driveshaft/shifter (manual only)/tune all that should get you close to 300rwhp-320rwhp if manual trans
he is right. i have a 13 and went with 20s. did black rims on black paint and lowered it. then window tint and tint on everything else, reflectors and head and taillights.

Attachments

·
The Blue Dragon
5,486 Posts
Yes! Wheels! NOW! Lol.

But seriously, the ford stockers aren't the best looking wheels and AM has a plethora of wheels at good prices! They are very much in the budget for the "average" person. You could look into more expensive wheels too that are lighter and forged, but like spec said, it's all about taste

·
Registered
421 Posts
lighter rims would reduce unsprung weight, somewhat improving braking, acceleration, and handling.

If it were me, I'd spring for a good set of forged wheels...if you're gonna mod it, might as well improve it if you can.

I hear good things about the forgestars.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Yes, a shop guy told me that forgestars are excellent quality wheels. I would opt for the f14s
they are also insanely pricey. I still keep rolling back and forth but 4 19X9 forgestar F14 rims plus tires plus all required parts, sensors and such, is just about 2500 bucks.

not terrible, but a lot more than the 1000 dollar less wheels I was looking at getting.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
he is right. i have a 13 and went with 20s. did black rims on black paint and lowered it. then window tint and tint on everything else, reflectors and head and taillights.
I was thinking about tinting my lights, ect. What did you use to do this?

·
Registered
515 Posts
I've got my rear forgestar cf5's and will be getting the front in hopefully by next Friday :headbang:
I'm hoping too!!

Nosympathy, if you think about it the forgestars are not really expensive at all. A set of flow formed HRE wheels are 3100 just for the wheels, this isn't even their fully forged set that runs 6k a set. You really get what you pay for on wheels and if I plan on tracking a car or even going to a drag strip I wouldn't trust putting cheap wheels under a 3900 car. Just my thoughts really, I'm not advocating spending 6k on a set of wheels, I'm just saying 2500 really isn't that bad.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I'm hoping too!!

Nosympathy, if you think about it the forgestars are not really expensive at all. A set of flow formed HRE wheels are 3100 just for the wheels, this isn't even their fully forged set that runs 6k a set. You really get what you pay for on wheels and if I plan on tracking a car or even going to a drag strip I wouldn't trust putting cheap wheels under a 3900 car. Just my thoughts really, I'm not advocating spending 6k on a set of wheels, I'm just saying 2500 really isn't that bad.
By your same logic our cars that for some people are expensive are really just cheap. I mean there are million dollar cars out there.

Not everyone can afford 2500 dollar rims and tires. Just like not everyone can afford a Ferrari. Just saying.

I could but then I won't have money for LCA and UCA and the brackets for each. To each his own for sure.

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
Congratulations! Can't wait to see what she looks like. You're going to have so much fun with her, they're truly amazing cars. I'm glad to see there's someone else out there who still has a 2010!
It does seem that the 2010 models fell off the earth. It's either 09 and under. 11 plus but the 10 models are lost. Where are all the 10 owners out there. Lol

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
It does seem that the 2010 models fell off the earth. It's either 09 and under. 11 plus but the 10 models are lost. Where are all the 10 owners out there. Lol
There all at the lots bc they traded em in for 5.0 lol

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
There all at the lots bc they traded em in for 5.0 lol
Lmao. Damn, those poor 10 GT models. There like the red headed step child. You just don't hear much from people on this site about them. Lol. I think the 10 Gt models glory was stolen away quickly when Ford shipped out the 11 5.0's and the 3.7's.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.