Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford say's that they are dropping everything carwise except the Mustang and focus.
Well, With what someone has decided at FORD. It will be good bye Mustang as we know it.
There will be a four door.
There will be a hatchback.
The need for baby seats will have it looking like every Jap and Korean car on the road.
Some of these idiots coming out of college and a design school have no clue about why a Mustang is a great selling car.
OMG, A Mustang Hatchback, Let me go throw up.
Ronnie

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Focusing on SUV's and trucks. No one buys cars anymore and really. Demand is dropping in favor of the aforementioned models.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Ford say's that they are dropping everything carwise except the Mustang and focus.
Well, With what someone has decided at FORD. It will be good bye Mustang as we know it.
There will be a four door.
There will be a hatchback.
The need for baby seats will have it looking like every Jap and Korean car on the road.
Some of these idiots coming out of college and a design school have no clue about why a Mustang is a great selling car.
OMG, A Mustang Hatchback, Let me go throw up.
Ronnie
I think if someone needs a hatch, 4 doors or has a baby seat they will go for the SUV instead of a car. That's the whole reason they are moving away from cars. Personally, I think it crazy and they are shooting themselves in the foot. I still see plenty of mid to full size sedans on the road. If Chevy did the same thing they would leave the Corvette alone, they wouldn't change it into a family car.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I sure hope they keep the Mustang a sport/muscle car.
I still love my 2012 as much as the day I bought it and plan on keeping it for a very long time.
I just hope I'm not driving my Mustang if I ever view a Mustang Hatchback because I would be tossing my chow all over my dash and steering wheel.:disgust:
Ronnie

Attachments

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Foxbody hatchbacks make you puke? I think they look sexy....what about the old Mustang II hatchbacks??? Not like it hasn't been done before...:lol:

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know but that was a whole different time. The bodies were different. Anyway, I'm just talking, I will probably still love Mustangs because of the Mustang people. I once had a Corvette and in my area the Corvette owners were just plain snobs at that time, I joined the Porsche Audi club to track my Vett and had a great time until it started to come apart, Next was a Mini JCW which I loved a lot but $6,500 for the two more years warranty ((BMW)) was nuts, I traded it for my Mustang ( $5,000 out the door difference) and never looked back.
I love my Mustang, I like the Mustang owners, I like this Forum and I love the American Muscle all Mustang show in Maple Grove Pa. They put on the very best one model car event EVER.
I'm just saying that I hope they don't make Mustangs that look like SUV type vehicles.
Ronnie

·
Registered
323 Posts
My 89 Shelby Daytona was a hatchback as were Camaro and Firebirds from the mid 80's through 02.

You could easily make the S550 into a hatchback without changing the lines at all. It would make it much more practical.

Dave

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
My 89 Shelby Daytona was a hatchback as were Camaro and Firebirds from the mid 80's through 02.

You could easily make the S550 into a hatchback without changing the lines at all. It would make it much more practical.

Dave
It does lend a hand to practicality. Ford would have a revolt on their hands no doubt.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts

Dave
I had an '82 Firebird that was a hatchback. I used to keep the rear seat folded down. That car was huge inside. Went on a trip and fit tons of stuff in the car. Still had a cool shape to it. I like all gen F-bodies, hatch or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
249 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Out of 17.3 million total sales....trucks and SUV's account for 2/3 of the market now. So, yes. I stand by my statement. That 6 million will continue to dwindle.
Well, that wasn't your statement. And dwindle at what rate? Even IF it's 10% a year,
in 2 years Ford will ignore 4.8 milion sales.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts