Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so last night I was cruisin on autotrader and i found a 94 mustang GT vert 5spd with 74k miles on it. The catch is the thing has front end damage and a salvage title, but its only 3200 dollars for the car and its about 90 miles from me. I think I'm going to call the guy and see if he'll sell it for around 3 grand if its in the condition he said its in, but heres what I want to do...

Buy the car, and use it as a donor car. Im thinking just dump the 3.8, the auto tranny, the 7.5" rear end, and whatever else is useful from that car. I dont know enough about engines, and trannys, and all that stuff to do the work myself so I had this thought: I live about 5 miles from Terry (midwest mustang) and as we all know, he parts out any mustang... So I want to call him and ask if he'd do all the labor in exchange for all the extra parts between the two cars. So hed get a 3.8 engine, auto tranny, 7.5" rear end with 4.10 gears and tlok, v6 sway bars, v6 suspension (i plan to get the bullitt suspension so he can have mine) and of course, the rest of the donor GT.

Does this sound like a good idea? I dont really want a convertible thats why Id rather drop the 5.0 in my car and call it a day, however i dont want the crappy 7.5 rear end and stuff... but i figure terry could easily get more than 3k out of all those parts if he sells them individually. The donor car has black leather interior ( i dont want that ) and other things so I'm wonderin if this could actually happen.

What do you guys think? Should i try to pursue this or keep fiddling around with the sixer till i get out of school. I wouldnt have any insurance increase cause Id just risk the whole "if i get in an accident and my motors ruined, ill get another 3.8" deal, plus the car will kind of be a sleeper since its badged as a sixer. But yeah, thats the reason i couldnt fall asleep last night, i just couldnt stop thinkin about this.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
I think you can find them alot cheaper, a guy was telling me he found a Cobra 95, bought it for 1000, switched the engine, tranny, rear, and then he parted out the rest of the car. He made his money back and some more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts