Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Tom T. Hall came to Nashville in 1964 with $46 and a guitar. Within months of his arrival, Hall's songs were on the charts. His material has been recorded by the likes of Johnny Cash, Loretta Lynn, Faron Young, George Jones, Waylon Jennings and dozens of others. Perhaps the most celebrated of these was "Harper Valley PTA" recorded by Jeannie C. Riley which sold over six million records, won a Grammy and a CMA award, crossed over to the pop charts, and inspired a movie and TV series.

In 1967 Hall was signed to Mercury Nashville. Since then he's had over 50 hit singles including 20+ Top Ten's. His simple and poignant style of writing and performing have earned him the title of "the poet laureate of country music." His songs are stories about the real life of everyday people: a daydreaming waitress, a down-and-out musician, a starry-eyed lover, a janitor, a war veteran, an innocent country kid, a hobo, and many others.

His latest project, Homegrown, is true to his legendary talent, with eleven new songs that tell the tales as only Tom T. can tell them, with charming, powerful emotion."

I Like Beer by Tom T. Hall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i5k4I1AOEI

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm not a fan of his music,but nothing against him i know he is a great singer/song writer.I remember my mother told someone in a conversation when i was little,she used to play the song "I Love" to me right before i went to sleep.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I love The Year that Clayton Delaney Died and the follow up song to it(not sure of the name of that one) Good one!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have loads of Tom Ts music on my i pod including
I Love
The Old Side Of Town
A Picture Of Your Mother
It Sure Can Get Cold In Des Moines
Homecoming
I Took A Memory To Lunch
It's all good music

·
Registered
51 Posts
He is very talented. I enjoy lots of his songs. "I Love" and "Ravishing Ruby" are classics. But one I always really enjoyed was "The Ballad of Forty Dollars".

·
Registered
43 Posts
.....Salute To A Switchblade Knife....
.....(Marge's At) The Lincoln Park Inn....(Tom T write it and Bobby Bare Recorded it)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts