Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking for a cam with a nice lope. I want the cam pretty much just for the sound. What cams can I run with out having to change springs?

I saw one on SuperSix, that is basically for sound, but it requires springs. I'm blowing this overhaul way over budget and need to shave a few bucks here and there.

For those who have cammed sixxers, what cam do you have, where did you get it, how much was it, and what else did you need to get?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/cca-44-700-9/overview/make/ford

This one doesn't need need new springs, but I have no way of knowing if it is going to give me the sound I am looking for.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Well I think I'm going to get the lumpy one from ssm.

Ahhh, They have a low lift lumpy cam that works with the stock heads, and for 395.00 I'm buying it!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Well I think I'm going to get the lumpy one from ssm.

Ahhh, They have a low lift lumpy cam that works with the stock heads, and for 395.00 I'm buying it!
Sounds like a nice choice to me, can't wait to hear it when you post a vid of the entire build ;) lol. How much would the better springs have cost you?

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ive decided on the lopey cam from ssm. So with that cam, the long tubes, the prochamber and the flow 10's I should have me one nasty sounding v6!

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
$400 for a cam? Jesus Christ that's too much, you can get a lot better cam for $250

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Kyle really needs to become a vendor here lol...he'd make some good money selling his cams here

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Kyle really needs to become a vendor here lol...he'd make some good money selling his cams here
He doesn't make much off them but he would sell a lot more lol

·
Registered
155 Posts
ESG642T where is he? Is he still selling cams? I need somethig with sound over performance really those are always cheaper lol

---------- Post added at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 AM ----------

I wrote that guy a email still no response :/

---------- Post added at 01:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 AM ----------

Not esg642t but kyle is who i wrote the msg to

·
Registered
1,694 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yes there are better cams out there ...

and I'm sure Kyle would post here but I think he got banned for knowing more than one of the mods in the v6 section because his account seems to be banned.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts