Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although I know this thread has been posted many times, I haven't really seen anything on performance upgrades you should get before installing a turbo kit, just places where I might be able to find one. I have been looking into getting a turbo kit for my car ever since I bought it. Although I know you have to get some serious upgrades with your car first before even thinking about the turbo charger, unless you wanna blow your engine. My Mustang is a 2004 3.9L V6 Mustang, manual. It has a true dual exhaust, stage 2 clutch, aluminum flywheel, and a cool air-intake. These are just the performance mods of course. I was wondering if anyone could perhaps give me a list of upgrades like transmission upgrades, rear end gears and performance mods, and engine upgrades as well. Thank-you in advanced for anything you can give me.:bow:

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Fuel pump
Fuel injectors
Stronger clutch
Posi (unless you want to do one wheel wonder burnouts)
8.8 rear end with 3.73 gears
Exhaust
Custom tune

Probably some stuff I'm forgetting, but there's a few thousand dollars worth of stuff to get you started.

Hope you have lots of money.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet thanks jkeaton...is my true dual exhaust cat backs not enough...or do u mean like headers. Also is the stage 2 clutch not powerful enough.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Since you are putting more air into the air pump (engine), you will need to get more air out of the pump (engine), so, yes. I'm not sure how good the stock manifolds flow, but you'd be much better off with some long tubes and a custom exhaust.

No idea about the clutch. You will need a stronger one than stock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts