Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 04 v6 and i have a couple of questions. I want my v6 to sound really nice and deep. I figured a complete exhaust from the engine back would do the trick but i heard that adding bigger pipes to a stock v6 would cause it to loose power. Is that true? I also wanted to know if i got longtube headers would that be legal in cali. Once i figured out what parts i want to put in, where should i go to have it done. I live in cali in the san fran valley and want to do it right but dont want to pay too much.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
As for the deepness of your exahust, you're never going to soun like a big ole V8, but you can make it sound somewhat decent, better than stock anyways. For that trick you'll need dual exhaust for sure, and when you get a dual exhaust kit, make sure it's no bigger than 2.5" piping. It can go to 3" at the tips and that will actually give it a little deeper tone too, but just to warn you don't be looking for the signature V8 rumble. I'm not sure about LT being legal in Cali because I don't need to worry about that. But for sure you'll need cats. When looking for an exhaust system you'll need to make sure it has a C.A.R.B. legal tag on it.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
232stang said:
long tubes are not legal in cali
Well their you go, take if from a Cali resident. Of course you can always do it and hope to not get caught. :uhh:

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
I would suggest getting a GT take off cat back(99-04 if you plan to run a gt rear bumper) (94-98) if you dont plan to run a gt rear bumper

finish this off with a dual exhaust adapter so you can bolt/unbolt the cat back as you wish. You will use the stock ford mufflers they will sound mellow tone and wont be ricy.

you can alwasy weld in more later.... but most sound like crap well all do... some just sound more like crap than others.

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
I think MAC Flowpaths sound good on v6's and any borla exhaust sounds nice. Flows are dumb, don't go with the flow and get a [email protected]! :lol:

Side exhaust is a no no if you ask me....they're not deep enough, rela high pitched.

·
Registered
567 Posts
flows are the way to go on a 6 :good:

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Ya..his flows sound some kinda good

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
My flows sound awesome on mine too.