Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking at a craigslist ad on a 1970 mustang grade 302 with c6 tranny i already posted a question on this but messed it up. i said in last question that it would run but wont start, i was wrong, it will start but wont run plaz help. it has been sitting a while and the guy who owns it doesnt sound like a car... "expert".

·
Registered
7 Posts
If it will start with a prime, but won't stay running, then the fuel system is plugged up either in the carb,fuel pump, gas lines or at the tank..

·
Registered
2 Posts
OK...I'm not trying to be an A hole but there's no real way WE can judge over the internet whether a specific car that we've never seen in person or really know anything about will run or not. Cause right now anything we've said is practically 100% guess work based on the minute (small) amount of info you've been able to give us, and any general knowledge we have on engines/cars.

What you really need to do is find someone where you live that knows about cars and ask them or them to actually look at it. Cause there's no way in hell we can do that and still be any actual use to you.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Bad fuel,bad fuel filter,.....ok bunged up carb,vacuum lines of carb, wires crossed(fords will start but wont run if you cross 1 and 8 wire)..
really ned more info than "start but wont run"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts