Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got arrested for Wreckless endangerment for falsely accused for spinning tires in a parking lot.

I have a off road x pipe and dual 10 series flow master. At 3000 rpms my car screams .

Now I want to buy mufflers that will deeper the tone of my car but won't scream as much

·
Registered
621 Posts
You will get like ten different opinions on here but if you want to take some of the high note outta your stang's singing voice then I'd look into a glass pack. You could buy the smallest glass-packed mufflers and put em in right behind, or in front, your flow 10's. Magnaflow always makes a nice rich deep tone but some say it makes our sixxers sound "ricer". New cars use this same set up, they have mufflers and resonators. You got your mufflers now find two small cherry bombs or something to calm it down

·
Registered
621 Posts
The Fiberglass will absorb some sound. That's why they work by themselves. If you take a muffler like a flow 10, which amplifies or manipulate sound through chambers, you won't have much "muffling". Then you throw on a glass pack, the fiberglass packing will absorb some of the sound as it goes through the muffler. So it's loud from the 10, and tone down a bit through the glass pack.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
wont some high flows make it sound quieter?
yes...

the biggest reason it screams is that it's catless. the flow 10's dont' help...they are good sounding mufflers but being a single chamber they are loud. i'd look into some flow 44 series mufflers if you want to deepen that rumble :good:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts