Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the title says it all. I'm torn between 17's or 18's.

For the 17's I was thinking these Black Chrome Bullitt Wheels 17x9 front 17x10.5 rear.

Or Stealth Black Cobra R Deep Dish Wheel 18x9 front 18x10 rear and they are more expensive of course.

They both come with wheel and tire combo. I'm leaning more towards the Black Chrome Bullitt Wheels what do you guys think?

·
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
7,212 Posts
Price out your tires before you make your decision. There really isn't huge different in 17 vs 18 rims. I wanted 18's originally...but I didn't want to pay $100+ more per tire for the tires I wanted just to get an 18" rim.

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
PureVenom said:
Price out your tires before you make your decision. There really isn't huge different in 17 vs 18 rims. I wanted 18's originally...but I didn't want to pay $100+ more per tire for the tires I wanted just to get an 18" rim.
Good advise.

As far as looks IMO the 18" 'R's look off to me like a 16" 'R'. Saleen and Steeda offer some that I like personally. Bullits always look good to me.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I've never cared for Bullitts so I would go with the Cobra rims but its all up to whichever one you like more

·
Registered
262 Posts
Those black chrome bullitts would be my preference. Especially 17 inch wheels. They're the best IMO for our year Mustangs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm partial to the AR torque thrust-m. They are similar to the bullets you picture, but the Chrome outer ring looks great. I went with 20" and had to add Roush suspension. It's a firm ride, but handling is awesome.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well change of plans. The guy didn't have the 17's in stock and it was going to take 45 days to get them in. So he made me a deal on 18's I couldn't pass up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts