Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i would like to make my mustang gt 2012 a drift car! I know i need a Limited Slip Differential, or LSD. But i dont realy know alot about it ! Do i realy just need this ? My mustang is and automatic car :S is there something else i need to change ,? They are some lsd on american muscle but are they good for sone drift ? Shuld i take the big one at 347 or the ford racing ?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Are you sure? Drifting is hell on your car....huge strain on engine, trans, lsd, etc. Not to mention all the bits of melted rubber flying everywhere that will get stuck to your car...I would never drift a car I cared about mechanically or cosmetically lol

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
You will need quite a bit of money, look to spend around 4-8g's plus you run threw tires like crazy

·
Registered
278 Posts
Get x bxr said:
Hi i would like to make my mustang gt 2012 a drift car! I know i need a Limited Slip Differential, or LSD. But i dont realy know alot about it ! Do i realy just need this ? My mustang is and automatic car :S is there something else i need to change ,? They are some lsd on american muscle but are they good for sone drift ? Shuld i take the big one at 347 or the ford racing ?
I wouldn't do it with an automatic. Or a 2012!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts