Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am prepairing to perchase a 1978 mustang cobra II which needs a rear bumber, quarter panel, right mirror, and possibly seats. where can I buy these parts?

·
Registered
45 Posts
junkyard or ford dealer. or look in ford mustang magazines they normally have advertisements for all kinds of body parts

·
Registered
42 Posts
You may try

www.mustangsunlimited.com

Now -- my question is... WHY would anyone actually pay money for a Mustang II (Pinto) and why would anyone not be demanding that the person with the car not pay YOU to take one that needs this much work? These cars were built on the Ford Pinto chassis. They were slow, overweight, rust-buckets, built with horrible materials, couldn't stop, couldn't turn and couldn't get out of their own way. I attend several car shows each year and when someone actually shows up in one of these awful tubs they are usually ignored or laughed at.
Dude, the Mustang II will NEVER be a collector and it represents the absolute lowest point ever in domestic car manufacturing. On top of all that, they are just down right UGLY. Please -- I beg you -- locate and buy any other model Mustang. Even an old Fox body Mustang is light years ahead of the clunky II in every respect. Plus, there are dozens of aftermarket sources with every single part available for every model EXCEPT the II.

Good luck ....... ugh.

·
Registered
34 Posts
You need to go to Hemmings either on the web, or by getting the monthly magazine on larger newsstands. They have everything. you just have to look a bit. And it's a bumper, not a bumber. It's hard to find parts for that vintage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts