Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this problem wasnt adequetly answered in the other forum, and also i have another related question for EVERYONE.

So anyways today im driving, and for the past couple weeks my damn steering has been making this screeching noise whenver i turn, and the front end creaks when i go over bumps. I dont know what the F*** happened, because it just started all at once. The guy at goodyear gave me some bullshit about a bushing "giving me play" in the front, and im like "WTF am i supposed to do with that". Oh yeah, my back brakes need to be replaced to. What a piece of ####. AHHHHHHHHHHHH

so anyways i was wondering...
1. Has the steering squeeking happened to anyone else?
2. WHAT IS MY PROBLEM!?[/u]

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
With the steering its more than likely due to low Power Steering fluid levels. Check out that first. And if it is low fill it back up and check for leaks.

It could possibly be one of your bushings. Take it to several places and dont tell them what you think it is but what is wrong and let them look at it and see what all the different places say.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
I had screeching and creaking in my steering and my ball joints were bad.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
I havent had that problem....yet

·
Registered
5 Posts
happing to me right now as well, horrible screeching, and creaking, ive lubed everything under there, I think It may be bushings, but not sure how hard are those to replace?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Its like if I push down on the passenger side front tire it creaks somthin horrible, like an old rusty door hinge.

any ideas?

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
munny said:
Its like if I push down on the passenger side front tire it creaks somthin horrible, like an old rusty door hinge.

any ideas?
If you have recently lowered the car the new contact pionts on rod ends change and squeek. Take some WD-40 with the red plastic straw provided and shoot it in the area where the ball and socket meet. I would recommend doing this with the front end on jacks an the wheels off the ground so you can move the wheels while doing this.

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
my truck did that, can u push down on ur fenders above ur wheels and it makes the noise? if so its most likely ur ball joints. and for your sake hopefully ford put a grease fitting on there and u can just regrease them, my truck has no grease fittings. had my uncle (who works for goodyear actually lol) get a guy to cut a small slit in the boot to grease it up, replacing my ball joints is gonna cost $500-$700

·
Registered
5 Posts
ya if I push down on the fender and actually push the whole body downwards, I get the creak, car is all original no new suspension work or anything. diddn't do it all today, a rainy day biut yesterday was somthing terrible

·
Registered
941 Posts
if it is a simple squeeking it may be a worn bushing, or a lowering spring installed without a spring isolator...

a screeching like that sounds more like a ball jt. IMO. take it to another shop.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts