Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
i would check by the heater hose on the intake manifold, at the rear on the passenger side, best way to look for a leak if you dont have the correct tools is to fill up the radiator, turn the car on, let it get to normal temp, turn on the heater, and if the leak is significantly big or small it should appear under the normal pressure of the cooling system.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Thanks im gonna check that later today and see whats going on
Also 2 quick ways to tell if its a head gasket water in the oil or vicaversa or u can uncover the cap ob the radiator place your hand over the cap opening (cold start of course) and have someone start the car for u and see if pressure builds up on your hand. If it doesnt spew coolant on to u or u feel no pressure more than likely you dont have a blown head gasket and u can relax atleast on that part

·
Registered
991 Posts
Also, with the car warm you should hop out and listen to your radiator for boiling. There are multiple passages for a head gasket to pop, and it's possible for you to leak compression into the coolant which removes it's ability to pressurize and lowers the boiling point. You won't see anything in the oil, but your car will overheat and since your coolant is boiling off, it seems to be randomly disappearing.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
A lot of times, you can see coolant coming out the exaust, or in the oil. Feel the passenger side floor board, could be a bad heater core.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My car is parked daily in a garage and since i noticed its been losing some coolant iv been checking under the car for a spill but theres nothing. And i did my plugs maybe a week before i noticed and my one plug on the passenger side had some oil in it, thats why im kind of worried about the head gasket. I have some type of warranty for 5 years and it covers all gaskets all i pay is 100$ deductible i just wana be sure whats wrong with the car.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Rich04 said:
My car is parked daily in a garage and since i noticed its been losing some coolant iv been checking under the car for a spill but theres nothing. And i did my plugs maybe a week before i noticed and my one plug on the passenger side had some oil in it, thats why im kind of worried about the head gasket. I have some type of warranty for 5 years and it covers all gaskets all i pay is 100$ deductible i just wana be sure whats wrong with the car.
That case, run a compression check on that plug.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I noticed some coolant on the floor of my shop u think its a hole in radiator. I cant see anyleaks tho..any suggestions

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
R6man said:
I noticed some coolant on the floor of my shop u think its a hole in radiator. I cant see anyleaks tho..any suggestions
Look it over good, you'll see pecker tracks somewhere. The good news is, I think you just eliminated the head gasket. Use a telescoping mirror, hopefully It's just a loose clamp.

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

Where was the coolant at under the car ?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Rich04 said:
I had a 98 that the passenger back plug would get fouled. It was the intake where the heater hose connects. Maybe another idea.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thats the same plug for me as well thanks. Im gonna go over everything as soon as i get home just praying its not nothing that bad, planned on taking it out.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Yea just some puddles right under tbe radiator
where under the radiator? on the driver side of it or passenger, it could be as simple as the resovoir cap is leaking or the drain plug on the radiator is leaking, or just the radiator in general

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i would check by the heater hose on the intake manifold, at the rear on the passenger side, best way to look for a leak if you dont have the correct tools is to fill up the radiator, turn the car on, let it get to normal temp, turn on the heater, and if the leak is significantly big or small it should appear under the normal pressure of the cooling system.
You nailed the problem man thanks man,it was the heater hose on the intake manifold

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
You nailed the problem man thanks man,it was the heater hose on the intake manifold
Glad you found it. Easy fix as well thats one of the weak points on the manifold on our cars

1 - 20 of 22 Posts