Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
I assume you have the PP option with the 3.73s, which I have also. If so, you get quite a few things with the PP (along with the 3,73s) that you do not have with the regular GT.

No PP, just optioned w 3.73's.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yes, they're a no-no if you want reasonable gas mileage. However, if you want to step on the pedal and feel like you got your money's worth, it's worth it. Holy hell is it worth it.
yes, i agree to a certain extent... in trucks, it's about how much the engine has to work to push against wind at 70mph (or more) and how many steep hills you have on your way to work... around here, lower gears are actually better on fuel for a truck because your transmission isn't shifting down a gear or maybe even two to climb the hill... but that's an argument for the mythbusters lol:bow:

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yes, they're a no-no if you want reasonable gas mileage. However, if you want to step on the pedal and feel like you got your money's worth, it's worth it. Holy hell is it worth it.

Even with the 3.55's, I believe that I am getting good mpg. I get 22 to 24 around town, and just the other night on a 100 mile two lane cruise at 64 mpg, I averaged 27 mpg. This was up and down hills, and passing a few other cars too....I am happy with that mpg in a 435 HP car!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I did the same, did not pay attention to the sticker. I was too consumed with the purchase, dealing with sales person, and just straight up nervous about making a big purchase, that I overlooked the specs. I was unlucky, I found out I have the 3.15 gears after I took it home. No biggie, but I was disappointed.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I did the same, did not pay attention to the sticker. I was too consumed with the purchase, dealing with sales person, and just straight up nervous about making a big purchase, that I overlooked the specs. I was unlucky, I found out I have the 3.15 gears after I took it home. No biggie, but I was disappointed.
Could have gone either way for me -- but you can always switch gears if you really want to.
Think of it this way --- you are getting better mpg and quieter highway cruising right now than I am!

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Hmm, I must have missed that memo that 3.15's weren't any fun.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Yea no thanks. I disagree with that.
Maybe the 3.15's might get to the lights at the end of the 1/4 mile slightly before the 3.55's -- but I absotively posilutley guarantee that the first two gears are more fun with the 3.55's-- like in town!
If I ever do run ours in the 1/4 mile, I'll let you know how disappointed I am in them then........

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
My wife and I just got a 2015 F150 and a 2016 Mustang GT. My GT came with the Performance Package but what the site did not have listed was the extra reverse sensors it had (along with the backup camera which is standard). So that was nice.

Also, their site did not say our F150 had 3.73s as well. So it takes off very good for a v6. Plus the F150s switched to an Aluminum body in 2015 so it feels MUCH better then our old 2014 V6 F150 w/ 3.55s and heavier frame.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I don't! LOL

I would much rather make payments on things I truly want and happy with instead of making payments on things I know I won't keep.
This is EXACTLY why I bought an MKZ and then six months later, traded it for my 700/mo mustang and I couldn't be happier eating my ramen noodles :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
This is EXACTLY why I bought an MKZ and then six months later, traded it for my 700/mo mustang and I couldn't be happier eating my ramen noodles :D

HAHAHAHA!!! Well put! I am dining on leftovers as we speak! :D Savor the flavor!

·
Registered
1,948 Posts

Wowwww you guys are paying 700 a month.. I turned down a deal on a 2016 gt premium because they quoted me for 460 a month.. Hmmm you got me thinking..

Sent from my SM-G935P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

21 - 40 of 75 Posts