Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, here is the story. My buddy was running at me with some popcorn. He was outside my car and I was inside it. So I started it and threw it into reverse(it's an auto). I revved without letting it get into gear, I guess, and then the tranny a bit and it sounded like it was dying, so I quickly put it into park and turned it off. Now, whenever I start my car, it starts just fine, but the idle slowly does down until it dies. I can give it gas to bring it back, though. I just need opinions? Did I destroy my car?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Highly doubt it don't sweat it. I remember my dads truck doing that once minus the whole reverse part. But I think it was something simple like a throttle position sensor or something... If the car can run and drive then you didn't totally destroy it.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Highly doubt it don't sweat it. I remember my dads truck doing that once minus the whole reverse part. But I think it was something simple like a throttle position sensor or something... If the car can run and drive then you didn't totally destroy it.
+1

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
had this problem in my stepdads maxima, his rear bank cam sensor had gone out and after being replaced never had the issue again. If its putting out a code, get it read and change out the sensor as soon as possible. (it wont say rear or anything since the maxima is DOHC and our cars are not)

·
Registered
565 Posts
You definitely destroyed your car....

I am kidding..... Sounds like something minor... Just keep the popcorn away from your car... Good luck getting it squared away...

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Beav said:
You definitely destroyed your car....

I am kidding..... Sounds like something minor... Just keep the popcorn away from your car... Good luck getting it squared away...
Just think of all the butter on the paint! And if you thought having a piece of a kernel in your teeth was bad, imagine how it feels when it's stuck in your paint. OH THE HUMANITY!?! D:

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
SpectorV said:
never EVER drop it down into Reverse or Drive while the rpms are high
What?whats wrong with netural dropin it?:):) lol

·
Registered
185 Posts
take it to ford and pay the 50 bucks to get it properly diagnosed than fix it yourself. not doing anything about it will not fix it, and driving it the way it is may cause stress on other parts you are unaware of and make the situation worse, and trust me I have seen other guys do it a million times.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
bryanbrock said:
take it to ford and pay the 50 bucks to get it properly diagnosed than fix it yourself. not doing anything about it will not fix it, and driving it the way it is may cause stress on other parts you are unaware of and make the situation worse, and trust me I have seen other guys do it a million times.
I can't stress that enough. If your car is acting up, don't keep driving. Seriously.

·
Registered
122 Posts
+1,000,001!!!!! You can probably take it to Autozone and they should be able to put the scanner on it and tell you what's wrong. Or possibly look it up online I'm sure it has happened to someone else already who has posted a fix.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts