Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want the one the high flow cats, not the off road one, but i did notice that it comes in aluminum and stainless steel, are they different prices because of the materials or does also affect performance too???

·
Registered
37 Posts
great choice, and also go with stainless, catbacks/ x pipe - ran that set up on my last car, an 01 modified GT, fine sound and good performance.
your other option...install electic exhaust cutouts after the cats, dump the exhaust before the mufflers....they operate from inside the car, flick of the switch flowthrough and loud, flick of the switch legal....ck out
-you tube- lots of exhaust cutouts clips there.
here is what they look like
http://www.racereadyperformance.com/welcome.php?section=Welcome
cheers 04 cobra

·
Registered
37 Posts
The different material will not affect performance of the catback.The stainless will last you a very long time.Actually the other material Bassani uses is what they call aluminized steel.If you dont live in a harsh enviroment,lots of snow,salt on the road all the time,substances that will rust out pieces under your car,you'll be fine w/ the less expensive catback.I had the Bassani O/R X on my '04 GT and I loved it.Unfortunately,the Bassani X has a very raspy tone to it and after about 6 months,I traded it for a Mac O/R prochamber,much quieter.Bassani makes excellent quality exhaust pieces,good luck with whatever you choose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts