Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I find a hood with the GT scoop already on it.? I've looked around and find hoods without the scoop.

·
Premium Member
5,411 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Ok so how exactly do the scoops mount? I too want the GT style scoop and I could probably get it painted pretty cheap but I always thought of the cheap ones like jc whitney sells that double sided sticky tape down. Not clean!! Also the scoops arent functional even on a real GT right? Is there a way to make them functional? Without spending an arm and a leg?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Never buy the double sided tape **** it would fly right of the gt hood is not really a air scoop it's there for looks and it's bolted on u could cut it to make it work but not a good idea lol

·
Registered
122 Posts
Ok so mounting requires drilling holes in the good? Please tell me there will be holes in the hoods subframe to be a guide.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Well that's y I sold my v6 hood an bought a gt hood it comes with the hoes if your good with a drill then u don't need a after market gt hood lol

·
Registered
122 Posts
Ok so apparently per our own forum which was the first to pop up lol go figure... We do have to drill the hood. They mount with either 4 or 6 bolts depending on the year. 99-2000 4 bolts and 01+ is 6 bolts. The best way to do this is going to be with a template... So let's all put some time in this and figure it out and post a big how to. Has anyone ever done this who can help with advice? I have a buddy of mine with an actual GT hood so I'll scope his out this weekend and see if I can make a template.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I did that to my friends mustang it's very easy it's just taking the time and lining it up and carefully drilling and then u also have to paint it I think

·
Registered
143 Posts
That's to much money for a hood scoop heres a link and quil shipping 3 days !!! RPI Designs.com

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

I got mines yeateday perfect !

·
Registered
17 Posts
I got lucky and found a guy on craigslist with my exact paint code, i got GT side scoops, rear bumper, and hood for 250$.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts