Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girl has been in the shop for 3 friggin weeks! I want her now!. Mechanic told me it would take a week maybe 10 days or so to get my new coils, LT headers, and new spark plugs installed. That was day 14. He said it would be done Saturday... Wasn't. Said it would be done Monday.... Wasn't Tuesday..... Wasn't. Now he says Thursday. Anyone else ever have a problem like this? Grrrrrrshjdjdhaswdnldjiejdkfldj (rage typing)

·
Lorraine's driver
8,213 Posts
Drop in and visit your girl. I had mine in the shop for a warranty job replacing the tranny. It took a week longer than expected. I found out the reason was because at the same time, Ford was working on a ton of mini van recalls and were swamped.

Remember, you get more with sugar. Go in their friendly-like. If it turns out that they are pulling some chit, then you can lay your thing down. :good:

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its frustrating, im in high school and work out 4 days a week. Its annoying to have to call mom to pick me up when im done.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Well, I'm sure it could be worse... Seriously though, I'd drop in on the mechanic. Anything more than a few days, because he had other jobs to work on as well, is uncalled for.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Finally got her home. So I found what was taking so long, my mechanic was doing a engine/ trans build for a previous customer. The engine was fine but the customer had brought in the wrong trans. The engine was already lifted out of the car but he only had one lift. He did get done with fixing my cylinder problem, putting on my new coils and spark plugs. But no LT headers. He said bring it back next week and he would install them for me for free. All said and done for $500 for everything including headers. I can live with it.

·
Registered
344 Posts
If you trust your shop, and it has a solid reputation (something you should ALWAYS make sure of before sending your car in) and there are delays there's probably a good reason for it and I'm glad you found out yours.

I just dealt with something similar in having my car repaired. In my case the estimate was 30 hours work, which averaged out to about 10 days (work days, you can't count weekends if the shop is closed) and it went way over. I was upset at first, until I took a breath and realized it was just because A.) they're a busy shop and 2.) the work was extensive.

What was estimated at $5,500.00 and 10 days became 19 days and $6,600.

However, in your case, even I would be suspicious it took that long. Hopefully your ODO is the same as when you took it in?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I trust him. I was just getting pissed off that he kept saying a day from now. I wish he would've just said, "Hey I am very busy right now, ill have it done in a week or two." But o well, everything is all good

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Well... if it's like a lot of things waiting on transmissions, they may have kept telling him "it'll be there tomorrow" and kept telling him the same. Always two sides.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts