Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
I suggest you take it back to the dealership and trade it in on a GT :)
Bro, forget about making it sound like a V8. Your V6 is not a V8. That's like making a dog sound like a cat. If you want it to sound like a V8, pull the engine and install a 5.0 in there. Then it will sound like a V8. You got a awesome V6 with true dual exhaust. With an aftermarket exhaust it will have a awesome growl. Remember, No V8!

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Bro, forget about making it sound like a V8. Your V6 is not a V8. That's like making a dog sound like a cat. If you want it to sound like a V8, pull the engine and install a 5.0 in there. Then it will sound like a V8. You got a awesome V6 with true dual exhaust. With an aftermarket exhaust it will have a awesome growl. Remember, No V8!
My friends v6 eats V8's for breakfast all motor ;) wait till the pro charger he ordered is installed next month now thats a mean V6. Hes gna custom order forged internals to up the boost too :)

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

I suggest you take it back to the dealership and trade it in on a GT :)
Dont underestimate a V6. Always remember a Supra is a V6 lol

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
My friends v6 eats V8's for breakfast all motor ;) wait till the pro charger he ordered is installed next month now thats a mean V6. Hes gna custom order forged internals to up the boost too :)

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

So is a GT-R lol, do you know where he is getting the internals from?

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
So is a GT-R lol, do you know where he is getting the internals from?
Not exactly sure!! But its the same place hes gna have cams custom made for his 3.7L as you can tell, he did not buy this car cuz he needed to save money..he bought it so he could build it and show what little V6's can do! Money is not an issue. Hes a doctor and owns a giant ford raptor as a DD and his wife drives a ****en porche lol

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

Not exactly sure!! But its the same place hes gna have cams custom made for his 3.7L as you can tell, he did not buy this car cuz he needed to save money..he bought it so he could build it and show what little V6's can do! Money is not an issue. Hes a doctor and owns a giant ford raptor as a DD and his wife drives a ****en porche lol
Ill ask him who he's ordering the internals and cams from tho!

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Alright cool thanks! I'm trying to do the same thing as him just on a smaller budget lol. I'm getting a turbo done soon hopefully and I want to make it rip and for that I need internals but no one has them yet. But when you find out something let me know and thanks!

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Alright cool thanks! I'm trying to do the same thing as him just on a smaller budget lol. I'm getting a turbo done soon hopefully and I want to make it rip and for that I need internals but no one has them yet. But when you find out something let me know and thanks!
I plan on doing the hellion turbo kit later but wanna get internals first so i can go straight to 500HP and not 400 lol haha and yea ill let u know bro

·
Registered
7,625 Posts

I totally agree. The V6 is a small beast with amazing power. Let's just try and sound like a aggressive V6 and forget those V8's. Our V6 are definitely bad a$$. You strap a pro charger supercharger on there along with some other bolt on mods and your talking 2010 Gt500 power now. For under 35k. Crazy awesome.

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts

I don't get it. If you go to that extent, why not just buy a V8, and then put the money into it like your friend is doing now?

Don't get me wrong; these 3.7 V6's are great engines, but they are limited. Changing internals is a huge change to get more boost. Ultimately, there's no replacement for displacement.

I'd just slap my head and say "I coulda had a V8".

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
I wouldn't suggest getting the hellion turbo kit the turbo is nice but there isn't an intercooler and its way over priced. Good luck with everything though. And I got a v6 to have a fun daily driver now I just want to make it stupid fast. Anyone can make a v8 fast but a v6 a little more technical. Its all for the fun of building cars and making something different not what everyone else did!

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
When it comes to sound, The V6 has a very respectable tone and nice growl with the right after market exhaust. You're not going to make your v6 sound like a v8 because it's not a v8. Just make it the best sounding 6 banger.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts