Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a head unit already that helps with powering my subwoofer in my car but my birthday is coming and my girlfriend wants to get me what I want and i thought maybe I could put a touchscreen head unit in my car. I saw a post where someone took the AC and put it on the bottom row and installed a touchscreen head unit.

Can anyone lead me in the right direction with this one?

Here is a picture of what head unit I have right now.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Its easy to put new CD players in looks as you have a 01-04 style which you can put double din touch screen CD players ... First unscrew shift knob that way boot will slide off that whole trim piece pops out then you'll need to take off the center dash trim there is two screws that holds it in then pop that center piece out starting at top being careful once all off remove screws holding in the CD player and little cubby spot pull out disconnect wire harness out back of CD player then the harness from factory pigtail always get correct pigtail that plugs into factory connector.. Wires are color coated just match and soldier or wire crimp them.. Purple... Green.. White.. Gray.. Speaker wires... Black ground... Red power... Yellow battery..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its easy to put new CD players in looks as you have a 01-04 style which you can put double din touch screen CD players ... First unscrew shift knob that way boot will slide off that whole trim piece pops out then you'll need to take off the center dash trim there is two screws that holds it in then pop that center piece out starting at top being careful once all off remove screws holding in the CD player and little cubby spot pull out disconnect wire harness out back of CD player then the harness from factory pigtail always get correct pigtail that plugs into factory connector.. Wires are color coated just match and soldier or wire crimp them.. Purple... Green.. White.. Gray.. Speaker wires... Black ground... Red power... Yellow battery..
thanks so much.

any chance you'd be able to tell me which head unit would best fit? I want one with navigation primarily and a cool equilizer function since i do have a soundsystem installed in my car already with an amp and sub woofer!!!

·
Registered
654 Posts
That part is opinion only.. They got some pretty cool ones off eBay with android software that runs them that has WiFi and navigation etc.. But there plenty of flip outs as well but if my dash was the same id have a double din head unit... 99-00 has the old style the 94-98 dash

1 - 4 of 4 Posts