Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get seperate track tires, should i just buy some drag radials and call it a day? I have a 13 5.0
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,890 Posts
If you dd the car I would recommend picking up some extra wheels and swap them for the track.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
434 Posts
It would help if told us what you are doing with the car, and your plans! left my crystal ball at home. LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,643 Posts
Ozzy, I'm in the same boat. I would like to have Slicks or DRs for only the rear, that requires new wheels and tires. I've looked at MT and they have tires that fit normal size wheels (such as your DD). My goal is to switch out the rear wheels once at the track. With that in mind what is the best approach in doing so. The wheel size is different than normal DD wheels. Yes?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gil_T2 said:
It would help if told us what you are doing with the car, and your plans! left my crystal ball at home. LOL
Right now i just need drag racing tires/rims, ill be reaching 500 with boltons till next year

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

avengnd said:
Ozzy, I'm in the same boat. I would like to have Slicks or DRs for only the rear, that requires new wheels and tires. I've looked at MT and they have tires that fit normal size wheels (such as your DD). My goal is to switch out the rear wheels once at the track. With that in mind what is the best approach in doing so. The wheel size is different than normal DD wheels. Yes?
Yes ive heard thw best are 15s with MT, i actually found some, the person is letting me try it to see how i run before purchasing, they are used
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
avengnd said:
Sweet let me know how it goes, I would be interested to know the size of the tires, wheels and what brands both are.
I got a.couple test coming up now so ill get back to you in 2 weeks i just want to the track friday
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
434 Posts
All you need is a Micky Thompson 275/50 DR's in 15" or 17", they will fit both 8" and 10" wide rims. If you have the extra money get 15" dia rims, if you get 10"W rim you will need to relocate the sway bar. If you do not want to spend money on rims, just get OEM 17" rims
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gil_T2 said:
All you need is a Micky Thompson 275/50 DR's in 15" or 17", they will fit both 8" and 10" wide rims. If you have the extra money get 15" dia rims, if you get 10"W rim you will need to relocate the sway bar. If you do not want to spend money on rims, just get OEM 17" rims
Ill pm you once i get what this guy has for me to see what i need else to do
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top