Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know it's pretty sad when your mom laughs when you buy a RWD Mustang for IL winters, and you brush it off. BUT, then you get stuck on a 2 in. flat piece of ice in front of her house and she says "I told you so" UGHHH. Whatever. She's still pretty.........in the summertime. Lol!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Haha I've been waiting for it to snow here so I could post the same kind of picture.

I got stuck in my old jobs parking lot last year because of ice.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
300 lbs in the trunk (sand) and all season tires ususally do the trick...or some winter tires if you can swing it...like blizzacks (not sure if i came close to spelling that right)

·
Registered
881 Posts
Get an old coffee can with a lid.

Have a fire. Let it burn out. Take the ash. Put it in the can and store it in your trunk. MAKE SURE IT'S SEALED GOOD
When you get stuck on ice, take that ash and put it under your back tire(don't need ALOT. Just enough to discolor the snow/ice. Make a path a few feet and it will walk your car out like your tires have Velcro.
I got stuck in a driveway on a hill in about 6" of snow. Homeowner came out with some ash from his wood burner. He spread it behind my rear wheels and it walked me right out the driveway like it was dry pavement. And he gave me another can to keep.

Try it. Cheaper than salt. And won't tear your car or driveway up

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Get an old coffee can with a lid.

Have a fire. Let it burn out. Take the ash. Put it in the can and store it in your trunk. MAKE SURE IT'S SEALED GOOD
When you get stuck on ice, take that ash and put it under your back tire(don't need ALOT. Just enough to discolor the snow/ice. Make a path a few feet and it will walk your car out like your tires have Velcro.
I got stuck in a driveway on a hill in about 6" of snow. Homeowner came out with some ash from his wood burner. He spread it behind my rear wheels and it walked me right out the driveway like it was dry pavement. And he gave me another can to keep.

Try it. Cheaper than salt. And won't tear your car or driveway up
Damn, that's awesome, great advice

·
Registered
881 Posts
Damn, that's awesome, great advice
Works like a charm. Ash from wood tho. Not from old bills and newspapers lol.
After the guy helped me, I carried ash in my trunk in the winter for the next 7 years till i moved back home to Louisiana (I lived in northeast Ohio. Just north of Youngstown, Oh. So we got pounded with snow)

·
Registered
389 Posts
You know it's pretty sad when your mom laughs when you buy a RWD Mustang for IL winters, and you brush it off. BUT, then you get stuck on a 2 in. flat piece of ice in front of her house and she says "I told you so" UGHHH. Whatever. She's still pretty.........in the summertime. Lol!
I had the stock summer Pirellis and couldn't get off ice in my driveway. I bought some toyo Garrick tires and I can pretty much go anyway a truck can unless its like a foot of snow. A huge difference I have never slipped on ice yet and I plow threw snow like a beast.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Here is my baby sitting in the snow.

Haven't driven in it yet as it snowed after I got to work. Will be driving in it later tho!

ForumRunner_20121226_112630.png

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
tc x 4 said:
If you drive it year round, buy some studed snow tires. I know, ther ugly, but they work great.
+11

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

acornsmoke said:
this is why I love living in south FL! :)
Where at in FL?.. I used to live in Jacksonville..

·
Registered
536 Posts
---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

Where at in FL?.. I used to live in Jacksonville..[/QUOTE]

Boca raton, just north of Miami. bunch of buddies I know live in JAX beach tho!

·
Registered
3,257 Posts

Where at in FL?.. I used to live in Jacksonville..
Boca raton, just north of Miami. bunch of buddies I know live in JAX beach tho![/QUOTE]

Lol. That's the one place in FL I haven't been to!.. I'm currently stuck in MI and want to move back to FL though!..

·
Registered
881 Posts
Lol. That's the one place in FL I haven't been to!.. I'm currently stuck in MI and want to move back to FL though!..[/QUOTE]

Where at in MI? I lived in Ypsilanti for a year. Worked in Detroit That was my first winter outside of Louisiana. Had snow up past my knees

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Lol. That's the one place in FL I haven't been to!.. I'm currently stuck in MI and want to move back to FL though!..
Where at in MI? I lived in Ypsilanti for a year. Worked in Detroit That was my first winter outside of Louisiana. Had snow up past my knees[/QUOTE]

In Lansing..

·
Registered
124 Posts
Lucky have seen snow in years. Darn Florida lol

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

Lol. That's the one place in FL I haven't been to!.. I'm currently stuck in MI and want to move back to FL though!..[/QUOTE]

I live in Miami :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts