Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently totaled our '68 Mustang (damage to frame, engine and front-end) and are looking for advice on what to do with the poor thing now.

Anyone know of a Mustang Salvage yard anywhere close to Seattle? Is this the kind of thing someone would want for hopefully more than just scrap?

Thanks guys!

-Eric

·
Registered
4 Posts
You should post pics. I know if my ins company told me my mustang was totaled I would still look to have it rebuilt. No reason the front clip couldn't be replaced really depends on the condition of rest of car and the extent of damage. Don't be to quick to take ins co word for it especially if the car is important to you

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
From an insurance perspective, it doesn't take much to total a 68 car. If it's really too much to fix, you could part it out. Just start stripping trim, hardware, knobs, brackets, lights, etc. Some stuff is really hard to find expecially for a concours collector. EBAY it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the ideas, y'all. I'm uploading a couple pics to my album for more context.

We're not in a position keep this car around (nowhere to put it at this point), so parting it out would be tough. I'll likely try craigslist and see if anyone wants to make an offer on the entire car.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
For a future reference, buy hagerty ins. You name the value of your car and they charge you accordingly. My insurance on a 2012gt through them is $414 a year. My 83 is $175 for the year and you don't have to fight for every $ worth of damage. If the car is totaled , they pay you the value you agreed upon upfront.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
You could fix that no problem. They sell every lice of sheet metal for your car even the sub frames. Id say fix it!! I have a 68 too

·
Registered
24 Posts
I agree fix it. I replaced the front clip on my 68 fastback and floors, quarter panel etc.... Check out my build. You might be inspired!

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I agree fix it. I replaced the front clip on my 68 fastback and floors, quarter panel etc.... Check out my build. You might be inspired!
I put floors in mine too..... First time rally cutting metal and welding.... And i was 14..... Lets just say they didnt turn put the best

1 - 8 of 8 Posts