Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure why but just recently my 06 mustang will drop rpm while idling at red lights. Just for a second then go right back to a strong consistent idle. It happens every 25 seconds or so. Not sure why. Runs strong with no issues when driving and the engine light is not on. Any ideas?

·
Registered
47 Posts
How's your coil pack and all the wires and plugs ever change them out I had the same problem it would drop rpms and while driving my lights would randomly dim I change all that **** out runs like a champ and has a smoother idle

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Mine has done this since I got it with 28,xxx miles on it. It will drop than surge back up kind if annoying

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have not changed the coils. Is there away to test to see if coils are going bad?
I mean you should on have one coil pack it's like a distributor where the wires go to from the plugs I have no idea what voltage should it pushing it out or how to tell I just changed it and it went away yours could be a different problem or it could be the same just throwing an idea to help you out the coil pack is on the driver side toward the back and middle if that helps you find it

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mine does the same thing, it would drop down to about 4-500 rpm and then go back up and for some reason my car also idles at a little over 600 I changed the air filter and cleaned the mass air flow sensor and it ran a ton better but then did it again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts