Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a reoccurring issue that the mechanic could not diagnose. When I start the car after a few minutes it started dropping in RPMs and the check engine came on and worst-case scenario it would die. The mechanics replaced some stuff and drove it for 20 miles with the issue not reoccurring. When I went to pick up the car the same issue happened but then the RPMs would go up instead and the check engine light would come on. I took it back to them and they could not find or recreate it. I found that it typically happens once a day when I start it up for the first time. Does anyone know why this might happen

1995 mustang GT 5 speed manual

·
Registered
8,316 Posts
When the Check Engine Light turns on, it typically will trigger a Diagnostic Trouble Code.
Was the car scanned for codes?
If so, what are the numbers of any codes that are present?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There were no codes except for the 111 which means no issues

·
Registered
8,316 Posts
It would help if you describe in a little more detail which "stuff" was replaced, and anything else that the mechanic might have checked.... Such as fuel pressure, condition of cap and rotor, spark plugs, spark plug wires, fuel filter (and any other tune-up related parts) Mass Airflow sensor condition, Throttle Body cleanliness, Idle Air Control valve cleanliness/condition, vacuum leaks, condition of body and engine electrical grounds, etc...
All of the above can cause problems.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not all quite sure, I know the most reason was the head gasket

1 - 7 of 7 Posts