Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a reoccurring issue that the mechanic could not diagnose. When I start the car after a few minutes it started dropping in RPMs and the check engine came on and worst-case scenario it would die. The mechanics replaced some stuff and drove it for 20 miles with the issue not reoccurring. When I went to pick up the car the same issue happened but then the RPMs would go up instead and the check engine light would come on. I took it back to them and they could not find or recreate it. I found that it typically happens once a day when I start it up for the first time. Does anyone know why this might happen

1995 mustang GT 5 speed manual

·
Registered
8,401 Posts
When the Check Engine Light turns on, it typically will trigger a Diagnostic Trouble Code.
Was the car scanned for codes?
If so, what are the numbers of any codes that are present?

·
Registered
8,401 Posts
It would help if you describe in a little more detail which "stuff" was replaced, and anything else that the mechanic might have checked.... Such as fuel pressure, condition of cap and rotor, spark plugs, spark plug wires, fuel filter (and any other tune-up related parts) Mass Airflow sensor condition, Throttle Body cleanliness, Idle Air Control valve cleanliness/condition, vacuum leaks, condition of body and engine electrical grounds, etc...
All of the above can cause problems.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not all quite sure, I know the most reason was the head gasket

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am back, still trying to figure out the issue. The spark plug wires and spark plugs were replaced recently within the last year. The fuel pump was also replaced early this year. I checked the mass flow air sensor condition and it looked clean. I still cleaned it anyways. Since Covid-19 I have been stuck inside and I am unable to take it to car shop.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I received 1 code,334 - DPFE or EVP circuit above the closed limit of 0.67 volts. I am not quite sure how to fix that or even if it has anything to do with it. The code occurs when the check engine light flashes on.

·
Registered
8,401 Posts
You need to figure out what is causing the EGR valve to stay open.
I would first check for any vacuum leaks, paying close attention to the hoses connected with the EGR system.
Also, inspect all of the related wiring and electrical connections.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I looked into the wiring and used a vacuum gauge and found no issue with the EGR valve, I checked the hoses connected and found no leaks. I tested the wiring with a multimeter and all the electrical connections checked out according to the manual. I am kind of at a loss of words since this was the only code that occurred. If you have any ideas of what other issues it could be. I recently replaced the distributor cap because that's what the mechanic recommended might be the issue.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The only thing that I noticed was that on the EGR valve there was no gasket connecting it to the intake manifold (Not sure exactly). I think there is supposed to be a gasket on there but what weird is that the car starts again after 30 minutes of letting shut off.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I decided to try and run the car to see if I could get codes off the car right after the car shut off. I received codes : 211, ,565, 334, 10

I am not sure if they are all issues or if there is an issue in general

1 - 15 of 15 Posts