Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Idle issues HELP

918 views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  DHall31 
#1 ·
I have a 95 3.8 . When I start it it revs up to. 3000 rpm . I put it in gear it drops to 1500 and stays there. I've checked for vacuum leaks,changed the throttle positioning sensor,changed mass airflow, o2 sensors , even a new ecu. I'm lost can anyone help?

#4 · (Edited)
Have you checked the dpfe. If you have a haynes manual, it will tell you the voltage specs. Get the autozone one if you do need one. I found out, after spending $100 for a "genuine" motorcraft dpfe, that they get that same piece, scrape off the logo, and sell it for a third of the price!

#6 ·
(edited above some)

Diffetential pressure.... Lol. I forget the exact name, but it's vacuum lined in with the egr. It makes sure the egr is functioning properly.

You'd need a multi-meter to check it.

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

DHall31 said:
I Tried that also it still is revving think resetting the ecu would work?
Any time you disconnect the battery for a few min, hours, days.... It should reset the ecu. Couldn't hurt. Just make sure you have your radio code.

#7 ·
Mustang Convert said:
(edited above some)

Diffetential pressure.... Lol. I forget the exact name, but it's vacuum lined in with the egr. It makes sure the egr is functioning properly.

You'd need a multi-meter to check it.

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

Any time you disconnect the battery for a few min, hours, days.... It should reset the ecu. Couldn't hurt. Just make sure you have your radio code.
Thank I'll give it a try tomorrow

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.