Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so my car idles when in neutral and If I have the clutch in on first gear on a stop light. It goes from alittle under 1thousand rpm to 1500 then it goes almost all the way down and i feel as if it will turn off. What exactly is the maf sensor some people say its on the throttlebody but ive seen people say its the thing on the air flow filter? Please help

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I cleaned that the other day with a maf cleaner and also part of the throttle body I'm taking the TB completely off tomorrow and cleaning it. But I though the iac was the maf? That's what confused me

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay there we go see some guy on YouTube did a video and got them backwards I'm guessing will it be safe to clean it?

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Go to AutoZone, they sell a cleaner made just for the MAF!.. All you do is spray it down and let it sit and dry!... First time I used it I was surprised what a difference it made!..

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I got myself in trouble I was taking off the screw and it broke now only part of it shows up and I can't get it out I tried vice grips but the Damn thing won't come out what should I do

·
Registered
598 Posts
The screw broke? Use an easy out

·
Registered
598 Posts
Yes it was very tight and I used all force and it came off what's that lol
Not try to be a d!ck but you sure you screwed the right way? Lol but if you can't get ahold of it with needle nose vise grips then use an easy out. You can also drill the screw out with a drill bit. Next time spray a little pb blaster or wd40. Sorry that happened to you man. Bolts can be a real b!tch to get out. I've broke my fair share haha

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not try to be a d!ck but you sure you screwed the right way? Lol but if you can't get ahold of it with needle nose vise grips then use an easy out. You can also drill the screw out with a drill bit. Next time spray a little pb blaster or wd40. Sorry that happened to you man. Bolts can be a real b!tch to get out. I've broke my fair share haha
Hahaha no man I got the first one out fine the other one was stuck or something where do I get easy out? I tried vice grips but didn't work so I just tighten the top one and left the bottom one off for now

·
Registered
598 Posts
Hahaha no man I got the first one out fine the other one was stuck or something where do I get easy out? I tried vice grips but didn't work so I just tighten the top one and left the bottom one off for now
Any hardware store. I would imagine autozone or something would have them. Not positive tho. But I know a hardware store would, home depot, sears or even harbor freight

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Going to try it or I might take it to someone is a pro at it I heard it can be messed up. For now I only have one screw in I checked to see if the iac was loose but it wasn't I hope I can use it like that? Also my idle problem isn't as bad anymore so I guess that's a plus haha

1 - 20 of 25 Posts