Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets see what your thoughts are... I have a 2006 Saleen S/C. I have a problem when rolling to a red light where the rpm will dip to about 250 and then surge to 1200 and them dip to about 500 and then settle in at about 750 where it is set. It seems to be worse when ambient air temp is <40. It has dipped low enough to stall a few times but it normally catches itself. Before I put the cams in the car would pull 25" of vacuum and with the cams its about 15". The problem seems to be a little better when Im not on the brakes. I'm wondering if its cause by low vacuum. The car is tuned by vmp and with datalogs they have tweaked my tune and have been unable to find the miracle solution. What are your ideas??? Relevant mods are as follows:
3.4" pulley. 9.5 psi
Detroit rocker blower cams
39# injectors
Gt500 fuel pumps
Steeda cai
Brisk plugs gapped at .032
Sr performance coils
Bbk headers
O/r H pipe
Stock magnaflow axleback
Tuned by vmp

·
Registered
111 Posts
First thing I would try is clean the throttle body and then if that does not work, clean the MAF. My N/A car did something similar and I threw parts at it until I cleaned the throttle body and MAF - one of them was the culprit.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First thing I would try is clean the throttle body and then if that does not work, clean the MAF. My N/A car did something similar and I threw parts at it until I cleaned the throttle body and MAF - one of them was the culprit.

Both are already done and i have catch cans on both sides. Maybe worth mentioning that it wasnt an issue on stock cams

·
Premium Member
5,321 Posts
I would datalog some more with VMP. My initial cam tune from Justin did the same thing.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would datalog some more with VMP. My initial cam tune from Justin did the same thing.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Seems to be a reoccurring theme haha... i guess ill be patient and see ....

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Do you think it could be the IAC? A lot of symptoms are related. Mine was having that real low idle problem at like 400 rpmd and it dips. I took off throttle body and clean it good and that fixed the idle problem. Idles perfectly steady at 650ish.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you think it could be the IAC? A lot of symptoms are related. Mine was having that real low idle problem at like 400 rpmd and it dips. I took off throttle body and clean it good and that fixed the idle problem. Idles perfectly steady at 650ish.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

After 7 tune revisions we finally got it straight haha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts