Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! So, I just got the motor back in my car and I'm running into some problems.. I've exhausted everything I can think of so I thought I'd get some other input. I did gt40p heads, systemax intake, b303 cam, 1.6 rr, tfs spring kit, Anderson shorty power pipe, 30 lbs injectors, Lightning maf, 75 mm maf, 255 fuel pump.. i also got a chip tune to calibrate the maf to the injectors.. the car has a horrible surging problem at idle and bounces back and fourth till it dies. Any ideas?

·
Registered
190 Posts
you might have checked this already but it might be a loose vacuum line, if not it could be your idle speed control motor. i had this problem a while back and fixed it with a new idle speed control motor and plugged in a vacuum line that was off under my intake manifold. i too was just finished with a build and was frustrated but forgot the vac hose while in hurry to get back on the road. but its all good now. hope this helps.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome, thanks. I've done pretty much everything. Base idle reset, set tps, base timing, new o2 sensors, checked to make sure iac and MAF are properly working.. got the car to idle but runs/drives poorly and eventually dies when I come to a stop.. thinking it has something to do with the base tune I had made?

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
You get my nasty fox going bro?

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
What chip? What tune?

Might be a vacuum leak which can be a biach to find sometimes. Could be that "chip tune" as well.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pretty sure not a vac leak..

Got a startup tune from my tuner so I could leak check and such.. thinking it may be partially that? Car also doesn't have more than stock 2v power so it has to be something.

I got the tune with a previous thought that a good tuner should be able to get a tune very very close with just bolt ons. Apparently they just want me back in there for dyno time

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
When I put together my lil stroker I had a nasty vacuum leak that i couldn't trace. I found it after removing my intake manifold 3 times. Since my heads were milled the intake manifold was not fitting correctly and I had to mill the lower intake accordingly. Also I got the car to run pretty good with just a 80mm calibrated for 30 lb'ers. I got the QH to fine tune since it was a bit lean on top.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts