Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It idles at 600 rpms. There's a little sputter here and there. When I first start the car it stays at 2000 rpms and comes down slow. Also I think that there is a vacuum leak but I can't find it. I've sprayed the whole engine with carb cleaner. I recently replaced: EGR valve, ICT, AIC, fuel filter, spark plugs. I cleaned my throttle body and air filter, MAF sensor, ACT sensor. I don't know what the problem could be or if idling at 600rpm is normal. All help and comments appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
861 Posts
Sounds like you're throwing parts at the problem. If you had a vacuum leak it would idle high, not low. Can you HEAR a vacuum leak? What is your timing set at? Did you reset your base idle?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought 600 was idling high? And they were all parts that needed to be changed anyways. I don't know what my timing is set at or how to reset my base idle

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

And yes I can hear a vacuum leak. It sounds like its coming from the very back of the engine. I think I can hear it from inside the car.

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

Also if I'm just parked and I rev it up a little, like to 1 or 2 it will drop to about 300 or so and sometimes almost die, then come back at 6. And sometimes it goes back and forth from 600 to 700 simultaneously

·
Registered
861 Posts
Sounds kinda like a vacuum leak, grab a section of tubing and put it in your ear, move it around the bay till you hear it. YOU WILL NOTICE, when i found mine it literally pulled itself onto the leak and created a 'vacuum' in my ear.

Check your pcv valve

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine idles around 1k for a couple minutes then drops to 600 but sometimes if I am waiting to get out my school parking lot ill be sitting there with my foot on the brake and my engine just revs itself between 400-1000 it just goes up and down for like 30 seconds then says at 600

1 - 6 of 6 Posts