Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My clutch pedal has been killing my hip for the past year or so, I can hardly drive it without suffering from hip pain if I drive it to much. I'm 26 years old and do have lower body strength, I go to the gym a lot( people usually tell me to hit the gym when i ask about this) my clutch pedal feels extremely hard and I can't figure anything out but today I was talking to this old guy and he ask me if my brakes were spongey and I said yeah a little and he suggested I go through each brake and get any air out of each line and then make sure theres no air in the clutch line. That is something that's never occurred to me. Does that sound like that could resolve my problem? I mean how much pressure do you need to press down the clutch on these cars? Should the weight of your leg alone be enough to press it down cause I pretty much gotta my back into it, lol. I've actually heard some people say these clutch pedals are suppose to be smooth as butter since there hydraulic.

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
I have never heard of that it doesn't make sense that they would be related. It is worth a shot though and it won't hurt to flush the brakes.

I also suggest Motorcraft fluid it's a little better than the other stuff out there. I did mine this past summer and it was black. I've also heard the clutch is a bit stiff on the S-197

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
99ford said:
I have never heard of that it doesn't make sense that they would be related. It is worth a shot though and it won't hurt to flush the brakes.

I also suggest Motorcraft fluid it's a little better than the other stuff out there. I did mine this past summer and it was black. I've also heard the clutch is a bit stiff on the S-197
Well I'm asking because the brake and clutch share the same reservoir, so I figured if there is air in that system then why wouldn't it also effect the clutch pedal system?

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

bluestorm52 said:
Well I'm asking because the brake and clutch share the same reservoir, so I figured if there is air in that system then why wouldn't it also effect the clutch pedal system?
What's also throwing me off is I met this small petite girl that owned the same year and model as me and I ask her about the clutch pedal ( and it was manual, i saw it for myself)and she said it was pretty light, she also said it was much lighter than she would of expected, so that makes me feel like " what the hell man?" i wasn't able to test hers cause I didn't know her and I didn't have time at the time.

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
bluestorm52 said:

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

What's also throwing me off is I met this small petite girl that owned the same year and model as me and I ask her about the clutch pedal ( and it was manual, i saw it for myself)and she said it was pretty light, she also said it was much lighter than she would of expected, so that makes me feel like " what the hell man?" i wasn't able to test hers cause I didn't know her and I didn't have time at the time.
Okay. I did not know they shared the same resivor. (I've got an auto) And what you said just put my mind in the gutter. Anyway, try flushing it there is no harm in trying.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
frank07stanggt said:
Is it the stock clutch? Heard the king cobra clutch is really stiff.
Is there anyway I can tell? Cause I bought the car preowned. But it was only a year old when I got it. I wasnt told there were any modifications from the dealer when I bought it.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I fought this problem on a 2005 GT. Air is not going to make your clutch stiff... I changed the clutch pressure plate and through out bearing and still didn't fix it. I sold the car. A mechanic friend told me that a bent or kinked line can cause this..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts