·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am guessing you really can say 502SLOW on the License Plate

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Anything from Mercedes that has the letters AMG would likely run with or outrun a 5.0 without much issue.

My 99 E55 AMG (5.4L NA V8) ran 13.3 @ 108 on bald tires. That's moving for a 4,000 lbs car rated at 350 hp and 390 lb-ft. With a decent tire, I have no doubt that car could have ran a 12.9x @ 110 and it's a decent bit slower than anything AMG has made since.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After a little chat about the car he was more about the 5.0 Benz he was talking about. It is supposed to get dynoes and tuned tomorrow he is talking over 750hp with it.

·
Registered
8,443 Posts
E63 AMG will do a mid 3-second 0-60. Pretty damned quick for a sedan!

Don't feel bad... There are a lot of Corvettes on the road that will get beat by those cars.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
After a little chat about the car he was more about the 5.0 Benz he was talking about. It is supposed to get dynoes and tuned tomorrow he is talking over 750hp with it.
Interesting...

MB hasn't made a 5.0L since the late 90's and it was rated at something like 300hp and 330 - 340 lb-ft. It was a solid engine, but nothing special, generally it was their base V8 before you got into the AMG offerings. It's certainly not anything that can make 750hp.

All their recent (last 10 years) V8's have been 4.0, 4.6, 4.7 (all twin turbo), 5.4 SC, 5.5 NA and TT, 6.2L NA which included the 63 series (which now has the 4.0 TT) and then their V12's which have been 7.3, 6.0 or 5.5L.

The only engines that MB makes that could take that kind of power besides the SLR McLaren might be one of the new TT V12 or maybe a new TT V8, but I have my doubts. I know for certain that the 5.4 SC can make 500 whp with full exhaust, tune, SC pulley and a few other things but that is nothing close to 750.

I LOVE my Mercs. In fact, lately I've been trying really hard not to pick up an E63 with the M156 6.2L even when I know an SRT8 Charger with the 6.4 Hemi is a better buy.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have several MB cars. I do all my own maintenance. So, oil changes aren't any worse than my mustang. Parts for my ML (suv) are very resonable. Parts for my CLK (sports car) are more expensive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts