Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I encountered a problem with my ignition lock; it won't turn. In either direction. Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yup. tried that. tried it too much and locked the steering wheel in place :cry:

also tried
- lightly tapping the key in to make sure it was all the way in
- warming the area around the lock to see if I got some frozen water in there
- WD-40 on the key, inserting the key into the cylinder repeatedly

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
sorry man, can't help ya there... :confused:

I was sure you had tried that with the wheel, but I just wanted to make sure. A couple times I know my wheel has kept me from turning the ignition and it usually gets me for a few seconds everytime.

·
Registered
263 Posts
This probably sounds really stupid, but try pushing in the brake while u turn the key. Also make sure the car is in Park and not in gear.

You're probably going to have to give it a real good turn (use dem muscles). It's happened to me once before and I just had to turn it real hard.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NJStang86 said:
This probably sounds really stupid, but try pushing in the brake while u turn the key. Also make sure the car is in Park and not in gear.

You're probably going to have to give it a real good turn (use dem muscles). It's happened to me once before and I just had to turn it real hard.

Good Luck!
it's a manual; I'll try neutral. :D

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
on my manual sometimes I have to turn the wheel and hold it a bit to get the key to move, try holding it not just wiggling it, and what not, check the little button to release the key also.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tried neutral, in gear, brake on and off, with the key release pushed and not pushed. I don't know if I can implement holding the wheel; it's locked in place.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts