Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, so Im thinking about putting a engine push start button on my 2000 v6, my first question is would it look alright in a 2000v6 and if so, could I buy the push start button for the newer mustangs (would it work)?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep those are the ones, oh I can't wait haha. And just to know, is there any way where I could avoid having to use the key all together? Maybe have a flip switch then a ignition button..?

·
Registered
8 Posts
You need the key to stop the steering wheel from locking. Disco/break that and it should work. Worked on an old mazda 6

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
You still need the key after installing a push button? Gay.

Ill stick to my dream of a remote starter :D

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
813floridaracin said:
Like this
Oh man that is sweet. How would I go about wiring that bad boy?

(OP) remote start is the best mod ,=}, for the winter time, nothing like a warm car in 20° weather ÷}

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Butch said:
Oh man that is sweet. How would I go about wiring that bad boy?

(OP) remote start is the best mod ,=}, for the winter time, nothing like a warm car in 20° weather ÷}
I saw a video on YouTube where they didn't use a key, they just flipped the switch and hit the igniting button.. Once I get the flip switch and test it out on a junk car I'l let you know how to do it(if it works)

·
Registered
8 Posts
It def will work its just a few wires couldnt imagine taking long just have to find out which are the power, ignition if not mistaking me u could probably use those splice in crimps and go around the key just saying

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jmack said:
It def will work its just a few wires couldnt imagine taking long just have to find out which are the power, ignition if not mistaking me u could probably use those splice in crimps and go around the key just saying
What do you meen by "go around the key"?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just splicing it in i would think you could "trick" the starter into thinking you turnd key. I might be wrong but its would be same thing i would think. If u use the splice in u wont have to cut any wires. Id ask a shop or look at wire diagram and see what all gets power through the ignition. And again not 100% mayb 80

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

But the ignition still locks the steering wheel without being in acc mode as well

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
813floridaracin said:
I saw a video on YouTube where they didn't use a key, they just flipped the switch and hit the igniting button.. Once I get the flip switch and test it out on a junk car I'l let you know how to do it(if it works)
Saweetness

1 - 14 of 14 Posts