Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've decided to Plastic Dip the entire car Dark Charcoal Grey (MATTE) What do you think?

I'll. Paint all the accent pieces Matte Black(I think) Have any of you seen the Silver Metalizer on either Matte Black or Dark Charcoal Grey? How did it look?

I'm not sure if l should change the wheels to match the Grey or make them black or perhaps Matte Red. What do you think?

I'm hoping that 3 gallons will be enough grey. 1 gal of Black. What l don't know is, how much silver metalizer should l buy for just one coat. I could really use, is some advice?

I thank you in advance!

·
Premium Member
14,477 Posts
]
Whaaaat??:eek: Please! Don't say that... are you sure?:cry:
Sadly it's the truth, some stupid Cali law prevents them from selling the gallons in Cali.

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

But doing a matte black base, then spray it with the pearlizer would give it a brushed aluminum look, which I think would look pretty sweet... I would do it but I love my super rare paint color too much to hide it.

·
Premium Member
5,343 Posts
your killing me Sherry first you run to Samsung now you want to go grey on me :cry:
I've never worked with gallons of plastidip but the cans go a quite a ways. I didn't know they were made in gallons though. I would say 3 gallons should be enough.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sadly it's the truth, some stupid Cali law prevents them from selling the gallons in Cali.

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

But doing a matte black base, then spray it with the pearlizer would give it a brushed aluminum look, which I think would look pretty sweet... I would do it but I love my super rare paint color too much to hide it.
Ahhhh. I may have found a way! They cant ship gallons so.I dont have problem with 1/2 ga llon containers!! Like I always say, "Where there's a will, there is a way! We just have to agree on the end results!

What do you think, Andy?

·
Premium Member
14,477 Posts
Ahhhh. I may have found a way! They cant ship gallons so.I dont have problem with 1/2 ga llon containers!! Like I always say, "Where there's a will, there is a way! We just have to agree on the end results!

What do you think, Andy?
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but they only do the cans and gallons

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I suppose Ill have to have it shipped to Vegas then! I just hate the thought of having to drive there. But we do what we must. Its either plasti dip or its going to cost me $7500.00 - $10,000.00.to have the car painted with the graphics I want. Gary was so excited when I told him about PlastiDip. He told me to order it now before I change my mind!!

·
Premium Member
8,080 Posts
I recently dipped my whole car, it's temporary but i like how it looks and gets compliments everywhere

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
When u dip ur car and peel it off does it hurt ur paint?

·
Premium Member
5,343 Posts

What do you think, Andy?
Yeah than just order double of the half and I suppose you could put it into a bucket rather than getting it out the can. Or drive over to Nevada or Arizona and buy it there.

If you don't like it you can always peel it off. I just love the color of your car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts