Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I give up on getting my car to run right.

If you read V6Power, you know the problems I have, Im too lazy to retype them all.

But basically, I made 20rwhp and lost a few rwtq with my heads/cam combo, has a few other daily driving problems, but it runs and thats what counts right now.

Jason(white95stangv6) you mightve heard me drive by your place on sunday a few times. I was back home for a day. I tried to open it up a little as I went by 8) It sounds great, just has some hidden problems right now.

:rolleyes: :oops: :oops:

184 Posts
that sucks man i guess thats y im just gonna do intakes and nitrous and be done with it all.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Extreme Effects.com said:
Did you do the porting yourself?
the upper/lower were self ported by a friend, but the heads were done by Mik @ RPM-mustangs.

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
I believe I netted near 20rwhp with the basic boltons.

Headers, Exhaust, CAI, UDP, Spacers, Fordchip..

I Dynoed at 160rwhp on a 99 AODE

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
Yep. Figure 190 - 25% drivetrain loss. I never did a baseline, but should have come in about 140rwhp stock.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Junior2561 said:
have they offered any solutions to you yet?

Mik has been working with me on trying to find a problem. Ive been eliminating things one at a time.

Its too cold out now so Im not tearing anything apart till spring but Mik is helping me out and hooking me up with some new stuff. Justin knows what Im talkin about. ;)

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
btw, i made 163/185 with just boltons, and made 185/179 with heads/cam. So you can see Im missing something. (TQ)

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
I knwo what you mean I was at 116/ 179 with bolt ons now with heads/216-225 cam/ stage 3 intakes I am at 153/179. about 30 under what has been advertised and recorded by others.

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
Don't know why this thread is in General..

Corey, if you had invested that mod-money in the vastly superior and more powerful split port you would be over 200rwhp by now..

Instead of you measly 153rwhp.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Yeah, maybe Ken, but there is something fishy about those numbers, the many has already taken down 5.0s with that car, which he shouldn't have been able to with 153 rwhp. :D

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
well you jeep driving goober. I should be at 200+ but I have problems. Also Single ports do better with power adders with a better fuelsystem and better boost characteristics

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
This is pure speculation, but, could it be....Fordchips suck???

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
well I wont go that far but i will go as far as saying

EVERYONE READ UP !!!! IF YOU ARE GOING TO DO A CAM / HEAD and INTAKE CHANGE WITH DIFFERENT INJECTORS PLEASE GO GET YOURSELF A DYNO TUNE !!!! YOU WILL THANK ME LATER!!!!!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Rick0636 said:
This is pure speculation, but, could it be....Fordchips suck???
Im not liking the fact that I may have to get one to get this car running right :(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts