Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for the first time ever im taking my car to the drag strip. However there is one catch, its a 1/4 mile strip, and my car wont go over 76mph right now with my gear ratio since i havnt removed my rev limiter, but thats ok... im just gunna go for 1/8th mile times. It is going to be funny though how ill never have a run past 76mph lol... ill prolly run like 19s :D

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well you dont have a 4.10 gear ratio now do ya!!! lol...

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good lord you reply fast... :cough: aim :cough:

·
Registered
941 Posts
good luck zimstang. ice the intake or at least let her sit for half an hour between runs for good traps. are you an auto or 5spd with 4.10s.

for the record... they arne't fun on the highway, but 4.10's aren't that crazy as you may think on the street. in fact, i didn't feel much power at all.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh i defanitely feel a difference with my 4.10s

got back from the track times were as follows (.000 was perfect for reaction time)
1st run:
R/T - .280
60' - 2.413
1/8 - 10.7 @65.37
1/4 - [email protected] (dont forget i cant go faster then 76 lol... my rev limiter kicked in well before i was done with the quarter, so like i said, i was racing for 1/8 mile times :))

2nd run:
r/t - .371
60' - 2.3
1/8 - 10.7 @65.19
1/4 - 16.8 @75 (at least im consistant)

3rd run: (i shifted through my auto on this one... i dont think ill do that anymore
r/t - .356
60' - 2.4
1/8 - [email protected]
1/4 - [email protected]

all in all it was a fun night, i saw a 7 second mustang that went 176mph, a car flip over, a mustang destroy its driveshaft, wheelies up the wazoo... cool ass cars, and lots of under 10 second rides. Was really fun, i just wish i could go faster then 76 :shrug:

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i know i do too... thats the first time ive ever run my car, not to mention its a 95 auto... about the slowest stock combo you can think of :)

oh yeah, heres a vid of my second run...

http://people.ku.edu/~zim/zimrace.WMV

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Erick, You better not be running anywhere for at least a thousand miles!!!!! You blew it up once, dont you DARE do it again!!

Zim,
I only hope to be pulling under 17's tonight. Damn my car is slow :(. I'm halfway done d/ling your video. Cant wait to se it. Those arent bad times at all for your first time out!!! Congrats!!!

·
Registered
678 Posts
oh hell no i won't be driving it at the track for a good long time, just WONDERING what i would run. I have to break in my Spec Stage II clutch for 500 miles as well...and it just came in yesterday...hell yeah :mrgreen:

I am excited to get my parts, but my stang is not even close to being ready :(

Who lives in the West Covina area?????? I need you to pick me up an autometer shift light and my a/f gauge from some guy! :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts