Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I just got me a new radio and harness.. the harness and wiring is confusing me. So I've got what I think is the 460 Mach system in my 02 gt but behind my dash is THREE connections and not two! And there is so many more wires coming from the harness than there is coming out of the radio that I bought! I have no idea what to connect to what! I need to what to connect and wether I need a new harness for it and what to connect to what.. Ill post pics of everything in abit. I would love the help and opinions my fellow stang owners can share!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I feel like something's wrong and I need some answers! Does anybody have or has had the same problem with installing a pioneer mixtrax stereo?

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I pretty sure the small plug in your dash controls the amps. Are you going to put new speakers in the car or use the stock speakers?
I'm going to keep it stock for abit untill I get the money to put more subs in.. lol one day.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol i know how that is. I used a harness from crutchfield its item # is 120705701 it was purty easy, good instructions, you should look it up
That looks perfect lol! And it's cheaper than the one that best buy said would work. Some double awesome.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hope it works for ya. Let me know how it goes!
I think on Saturday ill have my coworker help me install it. (I'm a trainee mechanic) and since his about the biggest expert On professionally installing sound systems. So if he can't do it then lol it's like hopeless! Lmao!

·
Premium Member
25,464 Posts
with the mach 460 many have major issues getting it working when swaping in a new head unit due to the factory head unit has like 4 amps or 5 that is uses (one under the main head unit, two in the back and maybe one on each door. When you wire in a new head unit those amps no longer work right or at all and thus bad sound. Perhaps newer harnesses correct this

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
with the mach 460 many have major issues getting it working when swaping in a new head unit due to the factory head unit has like 4 amps or 5 that is uses (one under the main head unit, two in the back and maybe one on each door. When you wire in a new head unit those amps no longer work right or at all and thus bad sound. Perhaps newer harnesses correct this
Well I wasn't talking about the car harness I was talking about the harness that you plug into the car harness to wire in the new radio. Ya know? Becuase it just seems there's just something that looks wrong.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts