Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys the blower is back on and everything is running great with one exception. When it rains I developed a bad misfire while under boost. But that's the only time it does it. I can run the rpms up to redline with no issue, idles like a top, drives great, no vacuum leaks, but as soon as its wet and I let it see boost it misfires. I can't find any loose wires or clamps anywhere. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vacuum is a perfect 21inHG. I've sprayed starting fluid around every square inch of the motor and got nothing

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Vacuum is a perfect 21inHG. I've sprayed starting fluid around every square inch of the motor and got nothing

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
There is a few things I can think of , the air filter may be getting wet and water might be getting pulled past the MAF , water might be getting under your cowl and sitting in the vent holes and when you open her up it may be getting your COP's wet , your crank trigger sensor might have a crack in it or loose wire and it could be shorting out when wet , btw any new pic's of that sexy new paint job? I bet she's looking real good!!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have some pics but I've been waiting till I got under the hood detailed and got pics of it too because I know if I put up body pics and no engine pics you guys will kill me lol. Here is an incentive, help me fix my car faster and I will be able to button everything up and get the pics for you faster! lol

But on a more serious note, I have considered the air filter being an issue bc I did change to a different one this time. I have also considered the COPs but I PRAY its not that. My first suspicion was the MAF but I haven't been able to test anything yet as the rain has quit and I don't feel like dumping buckets of water under my hood lol

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Polished Vortech V1 S-trim with 3.12 pulley, vortech aftercooler, dual pass front mount heat exchanger, Anderson power pipe, vortech maxflow race valve. The rest of the setup is SCT BA 3000 MAF, 42lb injectors, dual cobra pumps and hat, NGK TR6 plugs gapped at .030", Hedman LTs, offroad prochamber, flomaster catback

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Polished Vortech V1 S-trim with 3.12 pulley, vortech aftercooler, dual pass front mount heat exchanger, Anderson power pipe, vortech maxflow race valve. The rest of the setup is SCT BA 3000 MAF, 42lb injectors, dual cobra pumps and hat, NGK TR6 plugs gapped at .030", Hedman LTs, offroad prochamber, flomaster catback
Nice, about he same as me sorta ! lol. Do you think it would be work getting
3 inch exhaust pipeing from the x-pipe all the way back? Would I benifit from it with the blower on there?

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

There is a few things I can think of , the air filter may be getting wet and water might be getting pulled past the MAF, your crank trigger sensor might have a crack in it or loose wire and it could be shorting out when wet
I would def say these two could be it, esp if the air filter is in the fender close to the ground. I bought the KB cool air kit thing and the filter pretty much was sitting on the right fender on the air dam and water could get to it so I took it off. With the crank sensor, on a dry day get a spray water bottle crank your car off and lightly spray the crank sensor and see if something happens.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice, about he same as me sorta ! lol. Do you think it would be work getting
3 inch exhaust pipeing from the x-pipe all the way back? Would I benifit from it with the blower on there?

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

I would def say these two could be it, esp if the air filter is in the fender close to the ground. I bought the KB cool air kit thing and the filter pretty much was sitting on the right fender on the air dam and water could get to it so I took it off. With the crank sensor, on a dry day get a spray water bottle crank your car off and lightly spray the crank sensor and see if something happens.
I wouldn't worry with the exhaust. Thanks for the tip though I will try the crank sensor first chance I get

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update: Rained a little here last nite, went out and I have no misfire this morning. I've been thinking and want to see what you guys think. I believe I am going to wait until its dry and take a spray bottle and spray down the coils and test it out then spray down the MAF and retest. Any thoughts or other troubleshooting ideas would be great!

·
Registered
598 Posts
I switched to the 03/04 Cobra front bumper
Your likely sucking in water in your right side brake duct next to your fog light. I placed a thin sheet of black foam behind the duct and put a clamp around so It wouldn't come off. I will take a pic of it. You likely are getting some water saturation on your filter

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Your likely sucking in water in your right side brake duct next to your fog light. I placed a thin sheet of black foam behind the duct and put a clamp around so It wouldn't come off. I will take a pic of it. You likely are getting some water saturation on your filter
I would appreciate it! That makes perfect sense and I wondered about that as well. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts