Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the do-it-yourself members I wanted to know if anyone have worked on, installed or seen a full in-car DVR system that records at least when driving and potentially when parked (triggered by motion or shock)? I'm looking for essentially a 4 camera system where it sees down the sides of the vehicle, and a forward and rear facing camera. Looking for this because 1) tired of lack of integrity of some who bash the sides of a vehicle and leave a big dent and then don't have the decency to leave a note (did find this IS classified as a hit and run if person leaves the scene) and 2) for driving to catch what really happened if involved in an accident.

Any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Subscribed. Im currently just running Hero3 as a dash cam for accidents/incidents (and plan on a rear cam soon) and have had thoughts on DVR/surveillance type system but havent run across anything yet. I know you can get door shock sensors, but not sure how to tie them into a video cam and power them when the sensors trip. Same deal with perimeter alarms, which are pretty quirky from what I hear. If you could run a perimeter as a secondary, though, to trip the cameras but not the alarm everytime a plastic bag blows by your car, that would be cool. A trunk-mounted DVR would be sick.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Subscribed. Im currently just running Hero3 as a dash cam for accidents/incidents (and plan on a rear cam soon) and have had thoughts on DVR/surveillance type system but havent run across anything yet. I know you can get door shock sensors, but not sure how to tie them into a video cam and power them when the sensors trip. Same deal with perimeter alarms, which are pretty quirky from what I hear. If you could run a perimeter as a secondary, though, to trip the cameras but not the alarm everytime a plastic bag blows by your car, that would be cool. A trunk-mounted DVR would be sick.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one. Yeah, I've got a Hero2 as my dash cam. Has saved me twice. I know cops have an on board DVR mounted in the trunk but only for their single front cam. Or at least I think so. But the technology is out there just hope someone's hacked the system to find a way to do it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts