Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am selling my v6 mustang, once I've sold it ill be looking for a gt. Should I get a 96-98 or a 95 gt? Ik the 5.0 blocks crack around 400-500 hp. Which platform seems to be better in price and reliability.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The 5.0 2011-13 gt is around. @400 hourse power. The mid. 95-98 gt is. @220. I would fine the one in the best condition /mileage for the price you want. Also there are plenty of modded ones out there if that your thing.

·
Premium Member
19,559 Posts
tolly5.0 said:
The 5.0 2011-13 gt is around. @400 hourse power. The mid. 95-98 gt is. @220. I would fine the one in the best condition /mileage for the price you want. Also there are plenty of modded ones out there if that your thing.
He's talking about the original 5.0...

Imo you still can't beat the aftermarket of the 5.0. Parts are readily available and horsepower adds up quick.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I'm referring to a push rod 5.0 or the 2v 4.6. Either a 1995 mustang gt or a 1996-1998 mustang gt.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Because I only have about 4g to work with when buying the car and I'd like to put a couple hundred into performance with that 4g.

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
Well Iam a little one sided but I love the 5.0 and that's why I own one lol and from modding mine I have noticed parts are pretty cheap compared to other models

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well Iam a little one sided but I love the 5.0 and that's why I own one lol and from modding mine I have noticed parts are pretty cheap compared to other models
What power roughly r u putting down and how much has it cost u?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Why not a cobra with the.extra 4k? You wouldnt need all of it to put you in one vs the gt and you would have some $$ left over to mod. Just a thought if u like modding it always better to start with a better platform. Just my 2¢.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Why not a cobra with the.extra 4k? You wouldnt need all of it to put you in one vs the gt and you would have some $$ left over to mod. Just a thought if u like modding it always better to start with a better platform. Just my 2¢.
I can only find 1995 cobras going for 5500-8000

·
Premium Member
25,461 Posts
if you are going to get 96-98 go with a cobra over the 2v 4.6 you will be very thankful

the 94/95 are GREAT cars for fixing up (slow as crap stock of course but VERY cheap to get moving)

See what you come across

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hold out for what you really want unless it will put you in the poorhouse. My first mustang was a 96 so I still love that body style.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hold out for what you really want unless it will put you in the poorhouse. My first mustang was a 96 so I still love that body style.
I'm in love with the 4th gen. I used to only like the new edge but now the 4th has grown on my and I actually like it more. And I think I'm going to go with a 1995, the 5.0 is cheaper to mod and responds better to mods from what I hear.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts