Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ey guys i need some help. Today I was going to try out my car and when I turned it on this black liquid sprayed out my tail pipes. My oil pressure is way low even though oil was just added and there was a lot of white smoke last time I drove it. What could this all be? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Could a head gasket. Check your oil again and make sure not milky brown. Could be condensate mixing with carbon build up. But the low oil pressure is worrisome.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I read it could be condensation if it happened on cold mornings then went away, but this was during warm weather at 3:00 in the afternoon and constant until I got home. We checked compression not to long ago and it was good. Could it be the intake gasket?

·
Registered
509 Posts
What is the consistency of the liquid? If it is like water, it is probably condensation with carbon build up mixed in. Oily would be worse. May not be related to your other problem tho.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Guy I got the engine from said about 145000 original miles, but he had replaced the pistons not long ago. I don't know exactly how the liquid was, it was dry by the time I noticed it.

·
Registered
914 Posts
My68mustang said:
The Guy I got the engine from said about 145000 original miles, but he had replaced the pistons not long ago. I don't know exactly how the liquid was, it was dry by the time I noticed it.
Sounds like carbon build up

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah? I hope! The intake was just replaced. Could it be the intake gasket is leaking coolant and that's what the white smoke is about? I hope it is just carbon mixture.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
My68mustang said:
Yeah? I hope! The intake was just replaced. Could it be the intake gasket is leaking coolant and that's what the white smoke is about? I hope it is just carbon mixture.
I think you just figured it out. As already stated, check your oil, it'll look milky if It's leaking. Could also be a cracked head.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
My68mustang said:
Ahhhh.... Worse case scenario is something is broken!
As long as you haven't overheated it, I wouldn't sweat it. But you need to figure it out before you do overheat it, else its gona get expensive fast .

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok just got home and checked my oil and it's really low, just below add mark. Also my coolant reservoir is totally dry.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I didn't turn it on so I didn't really smell anything. If its the manifold I need to buy a new gasket right? I can't reuse it?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts