Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 02 stang has been grinding gears lately but i dont know what to do. im thinking its the clutch fluid or the clutch cable needs to be adjusted. i have a mac short shifter and i had it for a month or two without any problems but mabey it could be the shifter.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
possible synchro's going out. Do you have alot of play in the clutch before it engages. you might be in need of a new clutch

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how would i check the syncro and the fluid(so u guys dont think the cable needs to be adjusted)

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
232stang said:
do i have to take down the tranny for any of this
Yes a Tranny place could tell you quick. The place I go to charges $ 85 to take apart and look and they deduct that cost when they fix anything.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
to put fluid in the clutch i have to take the tranny down (i can take it down myself buti would not know what to do from there) so adjusting the clutch cable probobly isnt the problem damn. i guess i will just take it too ford i still have warranty. but i have to pay 50 bucks every time i take it to get fixed.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i just saw my clutch quadrant is bent so i am thinking thats what caused my syncros to go out i will be taking my car to the dealer so they can fix it and i will order a new clutch quadrant from steeda im sure those dont bend

·
Registered
414 Posts
Um.... Clutch Fluid? We don't have a hydrolic clutch. We don't have clutch fluid.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Horse said:
Um.... Clutch Fluid? We don't have a hydrolic clutch. We don't have clutch fluid.
I think he meant fluid in the tranny itself not the clutch. if the gears might be grinding because of them being dry!!!

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well had my brother check out my clutch quadrant and he says it is not bent i will just take the car to the shop

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i checked my short shiter and turns out the stops got a little loose and was causing that i just adjusted the stops and now it works fine

1 - 20 of 20 Posts