Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know my car will cut off at 115 cuz of the chip, but if I get a chip how fast will it run. Can it run more than 120mph? How do I get it to run 140+? How would CAI, exhaust, and pulleys affect top speed? What parts should I add to run 160mph?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What the hell does gearing mean? Changing gears to 8.8in or upshifting manually.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
megax29 said:
What the hell does gearing mean? Changing gears to 8.8in or upshifting manually.
when you change gears you change gear ratio changing to an 8.8 is to have a stronger diff it doesnot affect your car at all unless it has a higher gear ratio installed well the t-lok would be the difference if you get an 8.8

·
Registered
19 Posts
a saleen s-281 wing is a arodynamic mod. u might think about getting one of those. lowering your car will allow less air under your car so that helps on the arodynamics aswell.
if u get a front spliter for your bumper u will get less air under and more being forced around the car.
top speed is all about two things, gears & arodynamics. thats it. next time a auto cross race is on tv look at how the cars are set up. there low, got tall ricer like wings, and front bumpers to the ground and side skirts just as low. rear bumpers are small, reason is if they keep the air out from under neath the car they can create a low pressure area, allmost a vacum (cars can't get the seal all around to get a true vacum) that keeps the car on the ground as its driving around the track at 200+ mph.
Hope i helped shed some light on the subject. :)

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
BUT do not think that making your car look fast will make it go fast.

You need more mods than a chip to go that fast.

Also, try to keep threads of a similar topic in one place :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok but what changes exact changes do I make to my car to go faster? The power in the engine is what I'm really concerned. If I add the bumpers and lower it and change the gears I won't go faster than 115mph cuz of the chip. Need speed!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't want it to LOOK fast I want it to be fast. You say I need lots of mods to go that fast, what are they? Like in phases or where I should start. I want to get the Ram Air shaker system as my CAI so start with that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
WhiteStang99 said:
BUT do not think that making your car look fast will make it go fast.

You need more mods than a chip to go that fast.

Also, try to keep threads of a similar topic in one place :)
who?? me or them?? im talking about goin faster.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
if you put the chip and raise your limiters you can go as fast as the engine goes but the v6 engine cant really go that fast unless you have some reall power adders like sc or tubros, or if you go na cams, heads,ported upper and lower intakes and much more. so in conclusion if you want to go that fast be prepared to spend alot. also why would you ever want to hit 160 thats a great way to kill yourself even at the track

·
Registered
19 Posts
megax29 said:
Ok but what changes exact changes do I make to my car to go faster? The power in the engine is what I'm really concerned. If I add the bumpers and lower it and change the gears I won't go faster than 115mph cuz of the chip. Need speed!
on stangs u do need the chip that removes the govenor on the spedometer. with out that u will never get the use out of other top speed mods.

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Ok to throw all this information in one topic and keep it organized:

A chip will do this:

It will improve your shift points, take off your speed and rev limiter. This means that you are no longer limtied by speed.

The chip will also remove check engine codes for eaxample if you have removed your catylitic Convertors.

Your engine stock will not go 160 mph.

To get even close to that you need to get Ported Heads, intakes and one hell of a cam. A 4.2L Stroker doesnt hurt either

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So if I am to add a chip, Ram Air system, wiring, pulleys, exhaust, and shift kit how fast will I go? Anything else I consider hardcore when you change cams and heads and **** like that on the engine. Those additions are my primary upgrade in near future but may wanna go 160mph. What should I expect with these upgrades and is 160mph out of reach?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts