Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I searched these forums but didn't find anything. I'm sure there will be ppl for and against car covers but I'm curious if anyone can make any recs for an indoor cover? My car is garage kept, won't be driving it much through winter aside from the sporadic nice day with salt free roads. My garage is somewhat close quarters with 2 vehicles and I'd love to have some sort of light protective barrier on the car in case of the accidental brush up against when walking past. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I searched Amazon but only came across about 5-8 with very mixed reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
621 Posts
I have used the Covercraft Dustop cover for the past 5 years. Still looks brand new. Indoor only. Has some minimal padding to protect the finish and it breathes so it doesn't trap moisture. I highly recommend it. About $200 if I recall.

·
Registered
582 Posts
None. Covers usually do more harm than good. Let it get dusty, give it a good wash when you take it out of storage.
If there is ANY dirt on or between the car and cover, a light brush will still create swirls.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
None. Covers usually do more harm than good. Let it get dusty, give it a good wash when you take it out of storage.
If there is ANY dirt on or between the car and cover, a light brush will still create swirls.

As I was saying, this is why I know some with be for and some will be against covers. My objective is to have something over the car as a barrier in case it is accidentally brushed up against when someone walks past. My garage is kinda tight with 2 vehicles plus with my car not moving much over the next few months... Not at all worried about dust, like you said a good wash after hibernation will fix that.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
I have a "Burge?" from the big box store about $70 made in USA. it's decent for what I do with it (Unattached garage in CT) as mentioned clean it before you put it on.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I have whatever the brand is at Pep Boys, works ok for indoors and keeps the bat guano off the car

·
Registered
182 Posts
I bought a top-of-the line Covercraft Dustop Car Cover and used it for one season when I lived in MN and stored my car for the winter. Since I moved to NC it has been in a box. Not sure what year your car is, or if it will fit, but would sell it for $100 if you are interested.

Covercraft Dustop Car Cover
SKU 3365808
Part # [PATTERN]TS
Vehicle 2011 Ford Mustang
Submodel All Mustang models
Color Tan
1 $206.22

·
Registered
621 Posts
^ This!