Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a desktop dyno program where you can enter the specs of your car and it will give you a horsepower estimate. It's really neat, but the help file doesn't work so I'm going to ask some questions and see what kind of answers I can get from all of you.

Manifold type. Which is most like the split port 3.8 intake system?
Single-Plane manifold
Dule-Plane manifold
Tunnel-Ram manifold
Individual Runner (I.R.)
Tuned Port Injection
Sequential Fire Injection

Also does anyone know the average flow rate in CFM of a gasket matched set of intakes?

One last thing, and I'm going to assume that RGR might know this. It's asking for the flow rate like this: 300CFM @ 1.5inHg or 300CFM @ 3inHg.
I have no clue what that last part is. Any help?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, I tried google too but couldn't come up with anything.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Horse said:
I just got a desktop dyno program where you can enter the specs of your car and it will give you a horsepower estimate. It's really neat, but the help file doesn't work so I'm going to ask some questions and see what kind of answers I can get from all of you.

Manifold type. Which is most like the split port 3.8 intake system?
Single-Plane manifold
Dule-Plane manifold
Tunnel-Ram manifold
Individual Runner (I.R.)
Tuned Port Injection
Sequential Fire Injection

Also does anyone know the average flow rate in CFM of a gasket matched set of intakes?

One last thing, and I'm going to assume that RGR might know this. It's asking for the flow rate like this: 300CFM @ 1.5inHg or 300CFM @ 3inHg.
I have no clue what that last part is. Any help?
WHO NEED GOOGLE WHEN YOU HAVE BROTHER COREY!!!!

HG is the periodic symbol of Mercury or the Hectogram

But in the question "300CFM @ 1.5inHg or 300CFM @ 3inHg." = 300CFM @ 1.5 inches of mercury or 3000CFM @ 3 inches of mercury when using a tool called a hydrometer to check the amount of vacuum the T/B, Carburator or other type of device that is pulling in air. It is a simple way of scaling airflow using vacuum.

And in my opinion a Splitport would be most likely be closest to a I.R. Individual Runner. But with a twist in that you have 2 different lengths of runners per cylinder.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
if you do the single plane runners, you get the closest results. I used to have that program

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you, to both Monkey and Brother Corey. Thanks a lot. Now all I need to know is the average flow numbers of a ported intake set.

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
is that really at all accurate? i hear stories about actual dynos w/ the same car and 2 dynos gettin diff numbers, so i wonder how accurate a program like that can be?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I realize it's not going to give me an 100% accurate number, but I'm just curious. That and if I can get the right baseline there, I can change things, like bore and stroke to see what gains might be possible.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anybody got any info on the flow numbers of ported intakes?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
you have SSM intakes... try to email them?? they should all be similar in nature and any respectable company will flow test their products

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
i've got stock numbers if you want them

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What are the stock numbers? I'm curious?

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Here the stock flow numbers for a 99+ car and the cam specs too. I tried them in my desktop dyno also, and I was getting something like 160hp and 260tq. Let me know what you put down for your data and the numbers you got.

Lift INT EXH
.100 65 51
.200 122 100
.300 169 127
.400 199 139
.500 209 145
.550 216 145

Cam: 178int/194exh (@ .050" lift) .427/.446 lift, 116 Lobe sep, 111 intake c/l

1 - 15 of 15 Posts