Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yeah I havent plugged the tuner into the computer yet to see if it registers and all that but I have a virtual PC program that I run and was able to install the program and run it that way. Just have to test the connect ability of the tuner yet. Ill post to update whether it works or not once I try it out.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Great write up, thanks.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
56 Posts
What if the car was tuned and later sold without the tuner? Will the sct flash over the current non OEM Tune and save it as a backup?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I recently had headers installed on my 07 gt. I asked for a new tune from bama and they made me one. When I go to put the tune from the computer to the tuner it says the serial numbers don't match. I have received several new tunes in the past without having this problem. Can someone help me out here?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Abominable Mustang
1,926 Posts
You may have gotten the wrong tune. It happened to me once. The tune details pdf that came in the email was for a completely different person. A quick phone call and they sent the correct tune file, no problem. Just get a hold of one of the Bama guys and they should be able to take care of you.

Sent from the Death Star.

·
Super Moderator
17,937 Posts
Subbing to this. Just bought a used unmarried X3. 5 unlocks left.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Great info and write up since I'll be doing this soon thanks

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Best thing to do. Junk the sct. Go with HP tuners. If your shop is already set up with HP. Guess what no handheld lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Super Moderator
17,937 Posts
Eh, $200 for a used one and makes it easy to use for shops that don't use them or if we want to get a remote tune. Not a canned tune, remote.

·
Super Moderator
17,937 Posts
I'm on the bleeding edge at any point I'd for sure go with whatever is top of the line at the time. Hell, maybe I'll make Tech on Tuesday and then I have a chance at getting non-vol'd for TI duty in San Antonio and I can come see all these crazy Texas shops I keep hearing about lol.

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
I'm on the bleeding edge at any point I'd for sure go with whatever is top of the line at the time. Hell, maybe I'll make Tech on Tuesday and then I have a chance at getting non-vol'd for TI duty in San Antonio and I can come see all these crazy Texas shops I keep hearing about lol.
There is a few of them. But there is also a lot who aren't good also.

I'm setting another appointment up next week for another retune. We are going to play around and get crazy with the cam timing,spark tables ect. And see if we can get her to spin past 8100.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Best thing to do. Junk the sct. Go with HP tuners. If your shop is already set up with HP. Guess what no handheld lol

Since your from San Antonio who's doing the HP tune what's involved and about how much lethal performance said 400 but that's dyno and sct

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

21 - 40 of 74 Posts