Mustang Evolution Forum banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
You are using the tunes on there from sct right? If so they will be there when your done if its other tunes you just transfer them to your pc tgen tranfer them back to the tuner

xxr staggered 17's, ford racing c springs, tokico blue struts, koni orange shocks, shorty billit antenna, billit gas cap, UPR CAI, UPR O/R Xpipe, Magna flow exhaust, Mach1 grill delete w/ chin spoiler, honeycomb blackout, Bama tuned 93 OCT. V2
I will have to learn how to transfer/copy files from the SCT.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Its pretty straight forward

xxr staggered 17's, ford racing c springs, tokico blue struts, koni orange shocks, shorty billit antenna, billit gas cap, UPR CAI, UPR O/R Xpipe, Magna flow exhaust, Mach1 grill delete w/ chin spoiler, honeycomb blackout, Bama tuned 93 OCT. V2

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Its pretty straight forward

Straight forward for some is a nightmare for me. I work with a computer and a ton of studio equipment and software all day. I only appear to know what I am doing with a computer.

I'm going to plug it in and try to transfer the Bama files to my laptop shortly.

·
Registered
196 Posts
So if I have a tune on my car and I DO NOT have the original handheld device, there is no way to save the tune?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
So if I have a tune on my car and I DO NOT have the original handheld device, there is no way to save the tune?

When you upload a custom tune into the car's computer the factory tune is loaded and saved in the tuner. The car's computer does not have multiple partitions that will allow you to load multiple tunes, or save a tune.

If you want to adjust tunes you can. The new handheld tuner will pull the old tune off and store what is there now. This could cause a problem down the road if you need the factory settings though.

·
Registered
196 Posts
When you upload a custom tune into the car's computer the factory tune is loaded and saved in the tuner. The car's computer does not have multiple partitions that will allow you to load multiple tunes, or save a tune.

If you want to adjust tunes you can. The new handheld tuner will pull the old tune off and store what is there now. This could cause a problem down the road if you need the factory settings though.

Don't want to sound ignorant but I am, what would I need the factory setting for? I bought it from the dealership with the current tune.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Great write up. :thumb: Answered all of my questions but one. I have brought a used iTSX 4015 unit which is unmarried/unlocked. I have updated it with my PC.
Are the pre-loaded tunes the same for all the itsx 4015 units or can they be different?
The reason I ask is because when I connect to the car, under options for the CAI, there are a few to choose from but not Airaid and I thought I had seen a video showing airaid as an option.
Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
It's not possible to accidentally overwrite your stock tune backup, is it? Just curious if these are smart enough to know what is a stock tune vs backing up a flashed tune.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts